BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Librarian

So long and thanks for all the fish!
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    what did 5th edition do to you that made you leave 40k?
    Bluntly put, it removed everything I enjoyed about playing this game. I found it particularly frustrating to have unit options and my favorite sub-factions stripped away (and effectively squatted), simply because the army I loved "are not marines". 5th ed in general was not very kind to non-imperial armies, with noted exceptions to the Dark Eldar and Necrons.

On a side note regarding your 'cool' comment, I could honestly care less about what screen-names on the internet think of me.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by GrogDaTyrant View Post
    Bluntly put, it removed everything I enjoyed about playing this game. I found it particularly frustrating to have unit options and my favorite sub-factions stripped away (and effectively squatted), simply because the army I loved "are not marines". 5th ed in general was not very kind to non-imperial armies, with noted exceptions to the Dark Eldar and Necrons.
    Out of curiosity, which one of your armies got "Squatted?"

I was able to put together every one of my Eldar craftworld lists in 5th so I'm honestly curious.

On a side note regarding your 'cool' comment, I could honestly care less about what screen-names on the internet think of me.
    Sure you do. That's why you posted your original comment with the typical PP fanboy talking points.

Occuli Imperator

5th ed, you were better than 3rd + 4th, and much more streamlined than 2nd. I enjoyed you while you lasted, I am sorry that you seemed to have an optimal build (melta spam) but that is more of peoples perviceved greatness of tanks vs. anything else. Also, how many purifiers have you got in your list

Brother-Sergeant

Sure you do. That's why you posted your original comment with the typical PP fanboy talking points.
    Wrong again. I don't play Warmahordes, nor will I.

Out of curiosity, which one of your armies got "Squatted?"
    Please note, that I did say "effectively squatted". They still exist... in color-scheme example only.
    I played Goff and Deathskulls. Either way, the Clans are dead. The current Ork codex does an abysmal job of representing the clans, and is very bland and flavorless in that regard. To summarize, my Goffs dropped from 1850 to 1k, and got donated due to an extreme drop in CC performance (unless I wanted to be a tool and spam wound-abuse nobs). And the Deathskulls were shelved when Lootas were blandified to "d3-shot Autocannons".

The real killer for me, was the way 5e panned out. I personally did not find much enjoyment in playing 5e and it's excessive emphasis on mech, melta, and "everything plus the kitchen-sink" 5e codex design philosophy. The Space Wolf, Blood Angel, and Grey Knight codices also proved excessively unenjoyable to play against, win or lose.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by MaltonNecromancer View Post
    I like/d 5th. Clean, concise, fun.

Best edition of 40K so far.

I just hope 6th won't make a mess of it all.
    +1

it's got it's good points and bad points. just try to resolve the assaulting walkers/vehicles conflict, tweak deepstrike and make some of the other rules make sense and we're good to go.

Seeya, Cinco! Take yer forrest-killing true line of sight rules and stupid wound allocation shenanigans and beat it! Bye! Stop cryin' and go!

Wait! Don't leave me!
    Looking for a game in the San Antonio area? You can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175757472448931/

As someone who played 2nd, 3rd and 5th but took a break during 4th, I think the 5th edition codex is the best book the IG has had. Sorry, not quite on topic but since the Guard are the only army I have ever played, I have a bias in favor of 5th as a whole. I wonder though, is some of the dissatisfaction with the current game actually more of a unhappiness with certain army books? It does appear to me that going back to 4th edition there was more of a vanilla flavor to the codexes and the more recent trend has been to release super-charged books (codex creep) that has created frustration for some folks with older books. Just my opinion, flawed though it may be due to the fact that I never played 4th edition.

Librarian

Hey, over abundant 4+ cover save, don't let the door hit you on the way out. And bring that TLOS friend whith you when you leave.

Wound allocation, you've been unfriended on FB. Actually, we were never friends.

Vehicle damage table. You got a future my boy, Stick around and we can go places.

Dawn of War deployment. Not nice knowing you.

Oh Dark Angels 'dex, wherefore art though

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast