BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by MC Tic Tac View Post
    I remember when the rumours for 5th where floating around.....

Every rumored rule on it's own was thought to be the end of the game.

But as we all know now the combination is the game we know and love today.

Perspective is a power thing.

Personally I will wait till the book is in my hands rather than panic over a single rule in isolation away from the rest of the book.
    The worst part of the game, and this goes for all other tabletop games, is unclear situations. Who gets hit and who gets removed is crystal clear in 8th ed WHFB. This proposed rule will end up being endless amounts of arguments. This is the one thing that is guaranteed to have me stop playing, arguments. Rules should remove points of arguments as much as possible, then they are good rules.

That is why I like pre-measuring, random charge ranges, etc. I dearly hope 40k will continue to be enjoyable (hopefully more so than 5th!). I find WHFB quite enjoyable

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LordGrise View Post
    Good. It frustrates the hell out of me to land a pie plate squarely on a unit, or worse actually have the gunline perform as advertised, and then watch the models at the back of the target unit get removed, not the ones taking the hits.

Sounds like a long-overdue change to me.
    Quad missile launcher squads (or any multi blast squad) would effectively become snipers. Incredibly unlikely.

I just look at templates in the abstract. What the clear plastic shows is what could happen, not what does.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

if this, snapfire, overwatch and random charge ranges are in then assualt armies are as dead as the proverbial doorknob.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    if this, snapfire, overwatch and random charge ranges are in then assualt armies are as dead as the proverbial doorknob.
    Then again if things like assaulting off of deepstriking and consolidating into another assault are possible it basically becomes a game of get into assault or die horribly. If random charge range is also in the rules then it literally is that the game gets determined on the assault roll. interesting to comprehend.
    Ahhh- I might be having a heart attack!! I am over weight, over fifty and I am speedballing tranq darts and pure adrenaline!!

I am surprised at some of the people here. Already saying the game is going to suck just by a "rumour" that may or may not be true and not knowing all the other details and saying this will be the worst edition ever?

Come on, it's a rumour, take it as that, nothing more, nothing less.

Even if true, we don't know how anything else works so this may actually be a very good rule. As I remember, 5th editon was going to be the worst ever when the rumours came out. Funny how so many love 5th edition but sure were saying how crap 5th was going to be before actually playing it.

Lets play it first then complain afterwards.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by MC Tic Tac View Post
    I remember when the rumours for 5th where floating around.....

Every rumored rule on it's own was thought to be the end of the game.

But as we all know now the combination is the game we know and love today.

Perspective is a power thing.

Personally I will wait till the book is in my hands rather than panic over a single rule in isolation away from the rest of the book.

really? thats pretty funny, I actually don't remember that, as far as I remember there was excitement with regards to the changing rules, debates about the value of true line of sight and excessive cover, with most people decidedly in favour of the changes to prevent the indiviual model sniping that was becoming prevalent in 4th. With that in mind could you please provide some hard evidence for this speculation.

All the rumors concerning 6th I have absolutely hated. This is the first edition of 40k that I am really dreading. Every other one I was excited about. I got back into it at the beginning of 3rd.

I think one of the problems is how GW is going about doing things. There are a lot of players I know that just don't trust GW to take care of the hobby they have created. For instance, no real advanced advertising, not releasing any real info on anything for that matter, switching over to finecast and charging more for the metal model equivalent and the finecast quality is poor (If you have been getting good quality finecast that is great, we haven't). That is just a few of the things. That is why when these 6th edition rumors come out and they seem off the wall or just horrible (though some may like the reported changes) people just don't blow it off. I just don't think there is a the same level of trust and confidence in GW as with previous editions. Just my two cents worth.

Quote Originally Posted by dawnofthedead View Post
    I just don't think there is a the same level of trust and confidence in GW as with previous editions. Just my two cents worth.
    No, people have always been complaining, they will continue to complain, it will never end. The sky is perpetually falling on anything geek related. Every new codex has its share of people complaining that it is game breaking, every new rule makes ________ army unplayable. Just like how every Star Trek spin-off isn't as good as the original, every Star Wars release is terrible, every Call of Duty worse than the last (okay, maybe the critics have a point with this one at least). Geeks are a cynical, critical, conceited group of people, and by the God Emperor I love them.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    It really doesn't, it rewards time-wasting micromaneuvering where you can be punished for depploying a unit a fraction of an inch one direction or another.
    It really doesn't, it makes you think about what you are doing with your troops more, rather than just piling them 6" thataway. Tactics in a wargame is shocking I know, but it's a good thing

Micromanaging model placement isn't tactics and it is not a good thing for what is supposed to be a fast paced game. In a skirmish game, sure, in a squad based battle game, no.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast