BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jspyd3rx View Post
    I think these are Australian prices being passed on as U.S. prices. Easily done, friend did that to me once to scare me.
    These would be price DROPS for Aussies. No joke.

The source of that spreadsheet is 'someones friend who knows people who own stores', and somehow those people got an email with 17page price rise spreadsheet that BitzBarn didn't get. So it is looking decidedly shady to say the least. Wait until it is on GWs website or more retailers confirm it before getting worried.
    Quote Originally Posted by jspyd3rx View Post
    I think these are Australian prices being passed on as U.S. prices. Easily done, friend did that to me once to scare me.
    Last edited by eldargal; 05-22-2012 at 08:58 PM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

NEW Info There is a Price "Adjustment" I will post the spreadsheet in a new topic and I have to say it is CRAP Tastic

Boo, stupid GW. Oh well, now I'll just hope it is a US only price rise.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by TheBitzBarn View Post
    NEW Info There is a Price "Adjustment" I will post the spreadsheet in a new topic and I have to say it is CRAP Tastic
    Get down off your horse then and apologize to us all

THIS is all BOGUS. Period These People who start this talk are douche bags and looking to start flame attacks. As a Retailer I received my email today guess what NO MENTION of Price increase and guess what this is the week they would do it cause It is the week they did it last year cause I keep all my GW emails

THIS is all BOGUS. Period These People who start this talk are douche bags and looking to start flame attacks. As a Retailer I received my email today guess what NO MENTION of Price increase and guess what this is the week they would do it cause It is the week they did it last year cause I keep all my GW emails

All you had to say over the last few days was "GW has not emailed me about price hikes. I trust them to inform businesses about price hikes in their weekly/monthly correspondences rather than in supplementary emails during the week."

Instead, you went around calling people duchebags.

I hope you learned a lesson here - never trust GW and never galvanize your position when dealing with rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Boo, stupid GW. Oh well, now I'll just hope it is a US only price rise.
    If we have to suffer, then everyone else should have to suffer more (in addition to how much they have been suffering)!

Chapter-Master

From the BoLS Google+ Page:

Bell of Lost Souls Yesterday 8:31 PM - Public
    GW 2012 Price Increases inbound...
    Get ready for $75 Land Raiders and $82 Stormravens...
    Check out the front page. Looks like GW has truly gone bat**** crazy with their increases. I'm not opposed to price adjustment by any means, but I think that these increases have outpaced demand big time.

I know that I'm going to go pickup another SR before these prices kick in and then never buy another one ever again.
    Last edited by Defenestratus; 05-23-2012 at 06:37 AM.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    From the BoLS Google+ Page:

Check out the front page. Looks like GW has truly gone bat**** crazy with their increases. I'm not opposed to price adjustment by any means, but I think that these increases have outpaced demand big time.

I know that I'm going to go pickup another SR before these prices kick in and then never buy another one ever again.
    I know this is white noise against the background of what some of our Aussie posters have been saying, but the Land Raider and Storm Raven kits ($75 and $82 after the hike, respectively) have been $80 each in Canada for a while now, and our dollar's been pretty much at parity with the US all this time.

It sucks, but you're more likely to grin and bear it than you think. You'll just buy fewer models is all.

Fingers crossed this increase stays south of the border, but we'll see.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Chapter-Master

Its true that our dollar sucks right now (Gee thanks Bernanke) but the a regional cost of a good or service is dependent on much more than just the exchange rate between currencies.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast