BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Default Fantasy miniatures convertablog: Dwarves, Gnomes, Fishmen & a crab thingy

Here is the latest finished minis from my current project:

I hope you like them.

If you curious as to how I converted them it's all explained here : [url]http://maxxev.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/bloodcap-gnomes-conversion-guide.html[/url]
    Last edited by maxxev; 05-27-2012 at 09:12 AM.

Brother-Captain

Nice figures, but is it just me or do the streaks in the middle ones beard make it look like he has sabre-teeth?
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

A couple of people have said that now.

As these gnomes are blood cap gnomes (and have a reputation for viciousness and general slaughteryness.... , the beserker champion dyes his bear hair to make it look as if he has fangs to try and intimidate his opponents. That's my story and i'm sticking to it...

Nice conversions, great idea I agree about the sabre fangs, but I think it looks good. My only issue is that their feet like out of proportion - was it a conscious decision to make them smaller than the hands? I'd be tempted to sculpt curly pixie shoes, but that's just the way I roll.
    "Paws off ma cheeze!"

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDesigner View Post
    Nice conversions, great idea I agree about the sabre fangs, but I think it looks good. My only issue is that their feet like out of proportion - was it a conscious decision to make them smaller than the hands? I'd be tempted to sculpt curly pixie shoes, but that's just the way I roll.
    Hi, it's just what the plastic legs I used had.. I didn't even really think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by maxxev View Post
    Hi, it's just what the plastic legs I used had.. I didn't even really think about it.
    I've checked out your blog, they don't look that bad from other angles, it may just be the perspective on the front-on pics. Also it's not your fault that the GW dwarf hands are massive sausage fingers! I really like the idea though, I think it's going to take all of my willpower not to drop my current projects and copy it!
    "Paws off ma cheeze!"

Cheers for the feedback. One thing to note though is that the dwarf kit used wasn't from GW, it was from Avatars of War.

Cheers.

Nice job!

So I'm curious, but why gnomes?
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chronowraith View Post
    Nice job!

So I'm curious, but why gnomes?
    All, I can say is ... why NOT Gnomes...?

I'm pretty much just brainstorming any and every race I can possibly build up for a Fantasy skirmish game.

I have finished (apart from the bases) the first models for my Fishmen warband.

Inspired by a thread over on ATT (Tau forum) MANY years ago.... I finally got around to making my own:

I present one MATO. As per usual, more angles and a link to the creator on my Blog.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast