BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

I suppose it doesnt help that actual inflation and the published inflation rate seem to be in no way related...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    I suppose it doesnt help that actual inflation and the published inflation rate seem to be in no way related...
    that's because wages are flattening out even as the price of goods continues to go up.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    It the matter of which index you follow. The present government uses CPI over RPI, as CPI gives a more accurate reflection overall as it works in a similar way to measuring by proportion. RPI is currently trending high, but works more like highest v lowest, which is a less accurate measurement overall though preferred by nutty leftwingers.

You get the same thing if you do GDP by growth v GDP by Purchasing Power.

(Will quit boring people now)
    Last edited by Renegade; 05-23-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by tzeentch's dark agent View Post
    yeah, they'll never get an update. Hehehehe. :d
    you haaaaaaad to go there didn't you???

Quote Originally Posted by ksoh75 View Post
    you haaaaaaad to go there didn't you???
    I'm sorry bro. *hug*

I'm a fan of the Tau myself.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    It the matter of which index you follow. The present government uses CPI over RPI, as CPI gives a more accurate reflection overall as it works in a similar way to measuring by proportion. RPI is currently trending high, but works more like highest v lowest, which is a less accurate measurement overall though preferred by nutty leftwingers.

You get the same thing if you do GDP by growth v GDP by Purchasing Power.

(Will quit boring people now)
    But they artificially manage the figures by include high end goods like tv's that are very stable in price, due to the spec changing every six months,or getting cheaper where the spec hasn't changed to offset things that have doubled in price such as gas, fuel, and bread etc...

I know they took something out recently that had gone up some stupid amount, but I can't think for the life of me now what it was

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Copeland View Post
    GW produces a luxury that I love. They stay in business because they are profitable. They would fold if they weren't. So, the way I see it is simple: GW makes money and keeps selling me my luxury goods. I am not uncomfortable with this equation. If they ever raise prices too high I'll stop paying them. So, bully for GW and their making a good old fashioned profit. I appreciate that they are there to sell me my plastic crack. Bring on the price increase! Bring on the profits! Bring on my models! Cheers!
    You might want to get yourself checked for brain slugs...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Inquisitor View Post
    it's not brain slugs dude, these people have a weird version of Stockholm syndrome. Only replace captors with drug dealers.
    Last edited by gendoikari87; 05-23-2012 at 12:58 PM.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by gendoikari87 View Post
    it's not brain slugs dude, these people have a weird version of Stockholm syndrome. Only replace captors with drug dealers.
    I think what you're looking for is a phenomenon called escalation of commitment, not Stockholm syndrome.

And yes, anyone invested in any hobby (or anything, really) is going to be affected by that, to some degree.

Flipping out on forums about a price hike isn't going to change anything though. Buying less (i.e. keeping your budget the same) means that eventually the market price for GW goods is going to have to settle somewhere, though.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Inquisitor View Post
    Totally got one, it's the laziest, *cough* i meant easiest *cough* con outfit ever...

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast