BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

From BoLS's Facebook page:

GW 2012 Price Increases inbound...
    Get ready for $75 Land Raiders and $82 Stormravens...
    Not everything is going up, but it looks like a roughly 12-15% increase for all items that go up this year. Lots of high volume items like Rhinos, Droppods, Land Raiders etc... are going up though, and almost all the finecast range.
    This will be the breaking point for a lot of people.

EDIT: That means the Space Marine Librarian, whom I was shocked to see costs THIRTY DOLLARS, will not be THIRTY FOUR DOLLARS! FOR ONE MODEL! GW is ruining their future.
    Last edited by Chuck777; 05-22-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck777 View Post
    From BoLS's Facebook page:

This will be the breaking point for a lot of people.

EDIT: That means the Space Marine Librarian, whom I was shocked to see costs THIRTY DOLLARS, will not be THIRTY FOUR DOLLARS! FOR ONE MODEL! GW is ruining their future.
    Rest in peace GW. Folks If this is true I suggest grabbing every codex their is and keeping a digital copy. maybe we can keep the hobby going on the pre existing material after GW folds.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Brother-Captain

Even if that is true, I hate to break it to you, but it won't really change much.

That's in line with what we've been paying up in Canada for a while, and our dollar's been at parity with the US for a couple years now. :P
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Lol. I would bet money that this price increase won't put GW out of business.

Also, according to my local retailer, it's not quite that steep.

Its fairly certain the price rise is not happening, retailers got an email from GW just a day or two ago for the next week with no price rise mentioned. Yet some people claiming to be retailers claims to have gotten another email with price rise information in it.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Well, for what it's worth, my retailer (and I know that he is a retailer) did tell us that he'd gotten an email from GW about price raises--but he said they were on the order of 4% for a portion of the line. I guess we'll just see.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Its fairly certain the price rise is not happening, retailers got an email from GW just a day or two ago for the next week with no price rise mentioned. Yet some people claiming to be retailers claims to have gotten another email with price rise information in it.
    Nothing is certain with GW until they make an announcement.

Yep, and sadly the situation has reversed, a lot more retailers are coming out and confirming including BitzBarn here on BoLs. Stupid, stupid GW.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Stupid, stupid GW.
    Truer words have never been uttered.

GW is going to milk its customer base until it is a desiccated heap of dry jerky flesh. Let's be honest, GW is going to continue buttressing their terrible business practices by farming out their IP into peripherals (Video Games and Books).

I wonder if GW will become like Playboy, which now makes the majority of its money off licensing its trademark name and bunny logo. Could the miniatures become an ancillary, or worse yet vestigial, part of Games Workshop?

Yep, and sadly the situation has reversed, a lot more retailers are coming out and confirming including BitzBarn here on BoLs. Stupid, stupid GW.
    It's only stupid if it stops a bunch of us from buying minis. However, if we carry on buying these luxury good then it's genius (for them). They are looking for that sweet spot: what ridiculously high price can they charge that doesn't run a bunch of us off? Oi vay...
    Looking for a game in the San Antonio area? You can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175757472448931/

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast