BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

I get the reasoning behind it, but the fact is GW are facing more competition and a shrinking market in Europe due to the ongoing financial crisis. Even if people can continue to afford it they run the risk of alienating players simply by seeming irredeemably greedy. If these prices are US only it won't be quite so bad, but they really need to be doing more to boost sales beyond just finding the price the market will bear.

Of course if they are smart and notice a decline in sales ifter an annual price rise it would be nice to think they would drop prices but the worry is they would continue to raise them to mask the sales decline.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

unfortunately thats what they have done for the last 2 years.

The more I read about GW's financials the more and more I am convinced that Kirby does not give a **** about the companies long term health and that is a problem for both investors AND customers.

Interestingly Eldargirl where is TheBitzBarn's change in opinion about the price increase located? Or is he still saying that the prices wont change?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Copeland View Post
    It's only stupid if it stops a bunch of us from buying minis. However, if we carry on buying these luxury good then it's genius (for them). They are looking for that sweet spot: what ridiculously high price can they charge that doesn't run a bunch of us off? Oi vay...

I'll put it this way, with another price increase YOUR prices reach the point where GW Aus prices were 2 years ago when they started to lose a 5TH! of their sales over 2 years, why is it intelligent for a company that already has solid data about a markets reaction to such prices to then turn around and force all their international markets into the same position?

EDIT: GOD DAMN THEM, just saw the rumors thread stupid greedy pig Kirby
    Last edited by daboarder; 05-22-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Iron Father

Cant say I am overly happy about this if it pans out for us in the UK too, Will it stop me spending ? No. Budget stays the same I just get less.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

I'm not keen on this increase. I hope it doesn't come to the UK.
    Fortunately, I don't really plan on buying much more, I'm very happy with my Necrons and as such will only really buy them. (I have more than enough Marines!)

Also, WHAT HAPPENED TO BEER THREAD!?
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Somebody derailed it with talk of toy soldiers...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Massive sacks of dicks!

Since when did 40k become a game where we play with gold laced chunks of plastic?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck777 View Post
    Since when did 40k become a game where we play with gold laced chunks of plastic?
    Since 1975.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I get the reasoning behind it, but the fact is GW are facing more competition and a shrinking market in Europe due to the ongoing financial crisis. Even if people can continue to afford it they run the risk of alienating players simply by seeming irredeemably greedy. If these prices are US only it won't be quite so bad, but they really need to be doing more to boost sales beyond just finding the price the market will bear.

Of course if they are smart and notice a decline in sales ifter an annual price rise it would be nice to think they would drop prices but the worry is they would continue to raise them to mask the sales decline.
    the problem comes when they realize that with a 15% increase less than that leaves, it still makes them more profitable in the long run. Saying that though, it's entirely obvious at this point that GW is going to keep raising costs beyond inflation for who knows how long and a lot of people are just going to jump ship, maybe not because THIS price increase priced them out, but because it's inevitable that one will, and probably sooner rather than later.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Interestingly Eldargirl where is TheBitzBarn's change in opinion about the price increase located? Or is he still saying that the prices wont change?

Dude the bitzbarn is a company that sells GW mini's OF COURSE he's going to lie about a price increase, he doesn't want people quitting before then and not buying his stuff.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast