BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    To be fair, we don't even know there is going to be a price rise, as said in other threads I don't think there will be.
    yes, all they said was that a Price "Adjustment" is on the way, so it could be a price drop for all we know.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

'They" have already been contradicted by a store owner on BoLS who said they have heard from GW and nothing about a price rise. This isn't even the first 'store owner claims imminent price rise' rumour this year. So until we get an official source it is more likely that nothing is happening. As nice as it would be I really doubt prices are going down.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    mate your entire first post is a big F you to anyone in the hobby under financial strain so yes YOU are the troll
    You are reading me wrong, Daboarder. I am taking a "glass half full" approach to the inevitable. I am trying to do so with a touch of humor and whimsy. Here is my reasoning:

• Prices on all goods are on the rise
    • GW products are a complete luxury so anything they charge that we all pay is (by definition) a fair price
    • I LOVE GW products AND it is known that prices will rise SO...
    • I may as well focus on the positive: they remain profitable and thus will keep producing the plastic crack I love...

If you still feel that you are being trolled after this more detailed explanation then that's on you, mate. I hope this clears things up. Cheers. Copeland

PS I am a school teacher who is wed to a social worker, so it's not like I'm rolling in dough... I'm just as financially strained as the next Joe.

PPS I also think that they've gone TOO far in Australia and will pay an economic price there because they'll be shedding customers left and right. Again, cheers...
    Looking for a game in the San Antonio area? You can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175757472448931/

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Copeland View Post
    You are reading me wrong, Daboarder. I am taking a "glass half full" approach to the inevitable. I am trying to do so with a touch of humor and whimsy. Here is my reasoning:

• Prices on all goods are on the rise
    • GW products are a complete luxury so anything they charge that we all pay is (by definition) a fair price
    • I LOVE GW products AND it is known that prices will rise SO...
    • I may as well focus on the positive: they remain profitable and thus will keep producing the plastic crack I love...

If you still feel that you are being trolled after this more detailed explanation then that's on you, mate. I hope this clears things up. Cheers. Copeland

PS I am a school teacher who is wed to a social worker, so it's not like I'm rolling in dough... I'm just as financially strained as the next Joe.

PPS I also think that they've gone TOO far in Australia and will pay an economic price there because they'll be shedding customers left and right. Again, cheers...

I just saw your original post as humorous and nothing to be taken seriously personally

Tongue in cheek etc etc etc
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    mate your entire first post is a big F you to anyone in the hobby under financial strain so yes YOU are the troll
    People under financial strain probably shouldn't be spending their money on plastic toys. If they are, it might explain why they are under financial strain. If you think spending money on luxury toys is an essential thing in times of financial hardship then you won't get any sympathy from me.

As to the OP, I really don't care if prices go up or not. If they do, I'll cut back on the amount of stuff I buy acordingly. No big deal, it's not like I don' already have more than enough stuff to play, as I'm sure is the case for the vast majority of people who whine about prices. And I certainly am not going to care about something that may not even happen, just like I'm not giving any consideration at all to any of the 6th ed rumours.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Ok while I partly agree[buying stuff when your low on cash is in deed stupid] with you . the entry point to have an army as cost goes cant be rised for ever . when someone [specialy outside of UK/US] hears that to have a viable army [other then draigo wing] he needs to spend thousands of dolars . When the same dude here that each edition the points limit for armies rise , he starts to think why bother when other stuff costs less.
    It doesnt help the hobby , it doesnt help the community and in the long run it doesnt help GW too . When WFB went 2500pts starter game the number of players drops a bit at first and soon we noticed that the number of new players is close to 0 . Simply the cost of a "normal" game army was too high to buy it in one go [I know that is a bit different in western europe or US] and the time to get an army slowly was too long . No one who starts the game will wait a year and a half to get an army [specialy when most people dont play longer then that].

Am a vet . I dont care about the price of models . I can buy a whole army in one go [and offten do to resell for example] . But the cost of the hobby for a new player of WFB/w40k is getting a too high .

Chapter-Master

I diasgree with needing 2500 points to play Warhammer, you cna play a prefectly good game at 1000 points. Though I agree entirely that raising price too high will be damaging to new people entering the hobby. The issue is what price point is 'too high for the good of the hobby'? The answer is when people stop buying it in significant numbers, but as GW's profits were pretty healthy it would be reasonable to suggest we haven't reached that point yet.

By the way, I thought you said in another thread that you were a customs inspector. Or have I confused that with someone else?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by the jeske View Post
    I Am a vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    By the way, I thought you said in another thread that you were a customs inspector. Or have I confused that with someone else?
    Busted!

Also your english is much improved!
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by the jeske View Post
    I am Russian customs officer .

Here we go

I think in this case my signature says it all.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

Glad you found that, I really couldn't be bothered to trawl through all his tripe on the piracy thread to find it.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast