BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by the jeske View Post
    First of all I wouldnt agree with you on the basic standard of living thing . For people in the WFB/w40k community [and only those are interested in the models price] the price of a model is a "right to life" thing . IF you dont have models you cant play , you dont play/dont have models your effectivly dead for the community.
    Sigh. No. There is no "right to life" in regards to Games Workshop products. They are complete non-essentials, they are toys, and they are a hobby item.

www.queencityguard.com

If you find it to expensive you could always do what I did as a wee bairn (pre GW days), make up your own rules and use coins for soldiers.
    Tales from Original WFRP. My Troll-Slayer would be a terror with his axe, then my friend's Tax-Collector would hit the foul beasty with his cane and usually get the killing blow.

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    Unquestionably, eh? I see you're still having trouble with your contractions. That rarefied air up there in the top 5% must be messing with your grammatical prowess.

You don't make cogent points. That's what this all boils down to. When you get backed into a corner, you claim that "GW should lower their prices because it's the 'right' thing to do." When we disagree that there is no 'right' price (in this instance, right means moral or ethical--it would be unethical and immoral to charge $50 for a gallon of milk to a low-income family) because LUXURY items that have no bearing on a basic standard of living and right to life, you attempt to change the subject.

And I firmly stand by my statement that it horrifies me that someone is going to let you in a classroom. I hope you espouse some of your communist nonsense, a few parents complain, and you're booted on your ***.
    They don't seem cogent to you because you fail to grasp the larger picture beyond, "it's a luxury item, so it's not a right". Well, no **** dude, People get along without GW just fine everyday, but it is part of production and impacts the total value of goods produced, so inflating their value so highly also impacts the total market. If you don't understand how this works you are acomplete retard, because it's as simple as 2+2=4. Only to you, 2+2=5 so arguing with you is pointless.

It scares me that people as stupid as you exist in the world, look beyond yourself and see how everything is interconnected. you might learn a thing or two, scary I know.

Edit: unless that is you are fine with companies making **** tons of money on the backs of their workers, in which case you aren't a retard, you're a psychopath. and seriously need mental help.
    Last edited by gendoikari87; 05-25-2012 at 08:20 AM.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Quote Originally Posted by gendoikari87 View Post
    If you don't understand how this works you are acomplete retard, because it's as simple as 2+2=4. Only to you, 2+2=5 so arguing with you is pointless.
    However, by redefining what we mean by "2" and "5", we can make the answer anything we like. For instance, if by "2" we mean "any real number which rounds to 2" and by "5" we mean "any real number which rounds to 5", then from 2.4+2.4=4.8 we conclude that "2+2=5".
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Okay, so now you accept that GW toys are, in fact, a luxury product. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by gendoikari87 View Post
    Edit: unless that is you are fine with companies making **** tons of money on the backs of their workers, in which case you aren't a retard, you're a psychopath. and seriously need mental help.
    This is the problem with your entire argument; this notion that "companies make tons of money on the backs of their workers" implies that the workforce is being A) mistreated, or B) unfairly compensated for their labor. Neither of these are true.

Further, your claim that GWs pricing is "impatc[ing] the total market" simply isn't true. There are companies like Mantic that employ marketing that drives directly against those 'high' prices. Unless what you're actually saying is that GWs pricing is affecting the toy making industry as a whole which, if that's the case, I simply don't have enough information to respond to, though I'd wager that assertation would be an absurd one.

It's pretty clear from my responses to you that I am not A) stupid, or b) a psychopath. However, I do take a great deal of offense to your use of the insult "retard." It's ignorant and unnecessary, and really speaks both to your own character and intelligence. I don't care that it's the internet; the way you represent yourself here, online, is a clear indication of how you'd represent yourself in person. You represent yourself very, very poorly.

And I'll reiterate: you have no place teaching students with the poor attitudes and outlooks you espouse here.

www.queencityguard.com

Gendo, speaking from what I've seen you type, I think that you must be a bully.
    Throwing names around like "retard" and "psychopath" really isn't nice, I don't know how you're a teacher when you throw around words like that willy-nilly. There's a certain thing known as political correctness, which is an offshoot of general human decency; it isn't morally correct to start insulting people. People that you probably used to refer to as friends have now lost a great deal of respect for you, and you have to deal with the consequences.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Brother-Captain

/me doesn't post for 6 months...comes back noticed the same silly fanboys defending everything GW does with blind devotion.

<facepalm> some of you will never learn.

I haven't bought anything new from GW is 15 months. Got tired have feeling ripped off and taken advantage off.

I've found less wasteful things to spend my hobby dollars on... Like pretty much ANYTHING ELSE
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Azaghul View Post
    /me doesn't post for 6 months...comes back noticed the same silly fanboys defending everything GW does with blind devotion.

<facepalm> some of you will never learn.

I haven't bought anything new from GW is 15 months. Got tired have feeling ripped off and taken advantage off.

I've found less wasteful things to spend my hobby dollars on... Like pretty much ANYTHING ELSE
    So...why're you back, then, if you don't care about warhams any more?

Also, I don't think I've seen any 'fanboys' defending GW with 'blind devotion'.
    I don't think I've seen anyone anywhere say they're in agreement with the price hike.

But just because the price has gone up, whether or not we agree with it, doesn't mean we're all about to jump ship and go "zomg we need to boycott GWzorz!"

For the most part this thread has boiled down to (again, for the -most- part) rational people who enjoy GW's products trying to converse with frothing anti-GW haters who seem to think ranting on a forum is the best way to combat this price change rather than, I don't know...anything that GW might even have a remote chance of seeing, ever.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526