Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Iron Father

I just searched his posts, 2nd page right at the top
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    I just searched his posts, 2nd page right at the top

Banned

He could mean military veteran - aren't Russian customs paramilitary as well?

On topic I think Deadlift touched on a very good point - getting younger players involved. While many people complain about them, without new players entering the game and being able to stick with it there'll be a generation gap coming up if it's always just new players and a few aging vets (who are thinning out as real life interferes with their ability to game).
    GW should probably do more to push low points games as a real alternative rather than a frankly half-assed tacked on section at the end of the main book.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    mate your entire first post is a big F you to anyone in the hobby under financial strain so yes YOU are the troll
    I'm sorry. Why is that anyone's concern but your own? If you're under financial strain DONT BUY TOYS. That's pretty simple.

Hey Copeland? Maybe we should propose to the gov the ability to use WIC vouchers and food stamps on GW products too.

www.queencityguard.com

Veteran-Sergeant

I am with Mr. Copeland on this one. I have a set amount I am going to spend. If the prices go up I will just get less models. I bought Warhammer in it's first edition and was a Blood Bowl fanatic for a decade. I love GW. I have for over 20 years. Their models now are the best in the business. You pay for quality folks. I don't see how his post is trolling in the slightest. If ya'll are that touchy, put your big boy pants on and get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    People under financial strain probably shouldn't be spending their money on plastic toys. If they are, it might explain why they are under financial strain. If you think spending money on luxury toys is an essential thing in times of financial hardship then you won't get any sympathy from me.

As to the OP, I really don't care if prices go up or not. If they do, I'll cut back on the amount of stuff I buy acordingly. No big deal, it's not like I don' already have more than enough stuff to play, as I'm sure is the case for the vast majority of people who whine about prices. And I certainly am not going to care about something that may not even happen, just like I'm not giving any consideration at all to any of the 6th ed rumours.
    You realize there is a difference between being a little strained on finances and having to scrap pennies out of teh couch cushion to pay the rent right? some of us are responsible but can't afford GW's stuff simply because of the prices and so don't do so. it's not that we don't have ANY spending money or leisure money, it's simply that the money we do have for stuff like that isn't much and it needs to go a long way, and GW just isn't worth it anymore.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    I'm sorry. Why is that anyone's concern but your own? If you're under financial strain DONT BUY TOYS. That's pretty simple.

Hey Copeland? Maybe we should propose to the gov the ability to use WIC vouchers and food stamps on GW products too.
    Oh that's why I hate you, that's right, your an elitist snob.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by gendoikari87 View Post
    You realize there is a difference between being a little strained on finances and having to scrap pennies out of teh couch cushion to pay the rent right? some of us are responsible but can't afford GW's stuff simply because of the prices and so don't do so. it's not that we don't have ANY spending money or leisure money, it's simply that the money we do have for stuff like that isn't much and it needs to go a long way, and GW just isn't worth it anymore.
    For those on a strict budget like yourself, have you ever thought about starting a club where members each contribute a set amount to go towards "club armies" start it as a modeling / painting club and when you have enough to play a game, everyone gets a go.
    I hope I don't come across as condescending as that's not my intention. Club bought battalions are a great way to share an army. Just a thought .
    Last edited by Deadlift; 05-19-2012 at 02:37 PM. Reason: crap spelling
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    For those on a strict budget like yourself, have you ever thought about starting a club where members each contribute a set amount to go towards "club armies" start it as a modeling / painting club and when you have enough to play a game, everyone gets a go.
    I hope I don't come across as condescending as that's not my intention. Club bought battalions are a great way to share an army. Just a thought .
    Might work for some people but I do some really strange conversions.

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post

Ha! Naaa... let's just keep doing this the old fashioned way: we all buy luxury items that we want when we can afford them (GW stuff, wine, movie rentals, yachts, etc) and we stop when prices rise above what we are willing to pay.

Edit: I never meant to imply that I am near-homeless or anything of the sort, btw. I am part of America's middle-class. At one point in this thread I was agreeing that times are tight for everyone, including me. Everyone I know is under some sort of financial strain but they still make choices about the luxuries they want to pay for in their lives. I choose to spend some of my funds on little plastic army men. My neighbor who is a nurse (same economic bracket as a school teacher) spends his money on golf. We all make choices. I wholeheartedly agree that anyone who is on the edge of financial ruin needs to NOT be buying plastic crack).
    Last edited by Chris Copeland; 05-19-2012 at 03:10 PM. Reason: little aside about my personal economics...
    Looking for a game in the San Antonio area? You can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175757472448931/

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast