BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

"...black-shirt there said...."

I stopped right after that. Honestly really? You're gonna listen to a black shirt? Here's a true story for ya, 2 months before finecast came out and the rumormongers where talking bout the "shift" to resin i went up to my local black shirt and said "Oh did you hear the rumors bout the shift to resin? He stated "GW isn't doing resin i was just at GW headquarters and they have nothing in resin nor are they going to discontinue making in metal." He was wrong. Then he was fired for some random thing.

Before that when the rumors of CSM where floating around and people were crying out "brokenz!! sky falling if controlling enemies movement is true!! (lash whip)" (yes there was a time when people cried out that CSM was broken har har) Local black shirt stated "There is no such thing, GW would never allow such an ability. It's too stupid and would upset the local tournament scene." He was mildly correct, well more towards the latter, as lash whipping DP's forced people into Rhinos more which shifted everyone into more tank battles. But he was wrong on the first part.

Don't even get me started on what they said about 'nids.

TL;DR?
    Black shirts know as much as us, even then i personally believe they know less, based on my experience of course.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by jonsgot View Post
    Eldargal, you seem to state that with some confidence. Is there a good reason for your certainty or are you just working off the "there are no rumours to contradict these rumours, so it much be true" principle?
    No, she's working off the principle that the 6th ed rumors come from reliable sources, and store employees don't actually know much more than we do. The guy mentioned was merely skeptical, there's no indication that he actually knew anything about when 6th ed came out.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

4 weeks before the new paints were released I was in the Warhammer World store and stocked up on paints, when asked why I mentioned the new paint release rumours. The guy serving said that GW had no intent of changing its paints or releasing more.

Do I listen to the in store staff about future releases - no.
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

The blackshirt I talked to at the independent store; and this was a while ago told me that he had no information about any upcoming releases including Tau. I guess based on that he would be a better person to talk to. That suggested he is a more modest person to deal with and actually has his head screwed on straight.

I remember the release of 3rd edition, back when I worked as a GW manager. We all (store managers) attended a national meeting. There was no news upfront about the agenda of the meeting, despite a vague timetable - intro, lunch, etc..

When we all sat down, it didn't take long to notice a table on the far side of the hall, covered in a mass of plastic sprues and books. It was made quite clear that we were not to touch or ask about it until the relevant section of the meeting. That section, mid afternoon, turned into a 3rd edition presentation. It wasn't until the very end of the meeting that we were allowed to have at the plastics.. which you can imagine was pretty much about as deadly a nerd-rush as you can get.

Librarian

Actually, I'm starting to hear from a few little birds that 6th edition may not be coming as soon as we've been lead to believe.

I'll be the first to admit I shot these little tidbits down as soon as I first heard them. I too believe that we're going to see 6th edition stuff go on advance order in June.

But still, the birds can't seem to agree on a song these days...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12