BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Battle-Brother

Default Rumor Time Machine

We've all seen plenty of rumors regarding 6th edition. But, do you remember the rumors from when 5th was in the works? (I don't I only got back into the hobby about a year ago after loosing track of it since 3rd.) What were some of the most popular and widespread rumors? Which ones were true? Which ones did you want to be true?
    Share and reminisce to your heart's content.

Edit: Derp, since 5th edition was apparently a rather thorough leak, how about any edition! Let's hear some old-timers tell their stories too.
    Last edited by khsrio621; 05-21-2012 at 10:56 AM.

The sky was falling because TLOS would ruin everything.

I wasnt worried about 5th, by this stage (2-3 months out) we had a pretty clear idea what the changes would be, and how they would effect the game.

GW had even semi released the "trial assault rules" in WD and they were being widely played...

I think true LOS didnt worry anyone who had played 2nd (or necromunda), perhaps the new wound alloaction rule wont be so bad either (maybe" look out sir!" will make a comeback).

As a general thing we were fairly certain that 5th was a refinement of the 4th and was not just to "shake things up" because some armies have codex creep.

Librarian

A fairly complete version of the 5th Edition rulebook leaked out to the intertubes several months before the book's actual release, so there wasn't much in the way of rumormongering going on. IIRC, the bigger debates were about the boxed set's contents, since it seemed crazy at the time to hear that there'd be Terminators and a Dreadnought in the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlarshark View Post
    GW had even semi released the "trial assault rules" in WD and they were being widely played...
    Pretty sure this was during the 3rd-to-4th translation, rather than 4th-to-5th.

Battle-Brother

If you think about it it's still pretty crazy that there are terminators and a dreadnought in the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    Pretty sure this was during the 3rd-to-4th translation, rather than 4th-to-5th.
    Damn, I am older than I thought!

But the boxed set really did do the impossible with real (not card cut out!) termies and dred in the box. Maybe cool stuff is to come?