BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: June Release

Chapter-Master

Can't imagine they'd be too, too different. The FW ones fall right in line with the already produced plastics, so I can't image there'd be too much change.

www.queencityguard.com

Librarian

If even people at BoW´s haven´t got a WD picture...

We will still have to wait maybe for tomorrow...
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    Not to mention all the FW fliers they have.
    Every Imperium Army has access to all of those flyers except the Valkyrie Sky Talon which is IG only.

... Well technically no Imperial army has access to them andrewm9. UNLESS they're part of a guard regiments (Dan Abnett's Double Eagle has the best fluff on Imperial pilots and organisation). Only the Imperial Navy has control of all military (except PDF) flight from Atmospheric to non-atmospheric, but yeah :P. Pretty sure that doesn't include Valkyries as transports, but I might be wrong.

Edit: Of course in game that makes naff all difference
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    IG already have 2 flier units in their codex...
    And they can take more of them than any other army.
    IG have one flier unit. The Vendetta is just a weapon swap for the Valkyrie. Dark Eldar have 2 distinct fliers. Necrons have one kit that makes two different fliers- a gunship and a transport.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    IG have one flier unit. The Vendetta is just a weapon swap for the Valkyrie. Dark Eldar have 2 distinct fliers. Necrons have one kit that makes two different fliers- a gunship and a transport.
    I realize it's just a weapon swap. I said 2 different units because you can't take Vendettas and Valkyries together in the same unit.

My point was that the complaint that IG don't have more fliers was a little silly, given that they have 2 choices in their book, with a plastic kit to boot (and converting a Vendetta is super easy). Whereas, by comparison, Orks and Space Marines, 2 of the factions getting kits in this wave, do not have any sort of flier.

Similarly I find the impatience that some people have regarding the DE bomber a little silly for much the same reasons, especially in light of, say, the fact that 1 of their fliers is already out, and Tyranids for example are still waiting on a Harpy model.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    I realize it's just a weapon swap. I said 2 different units because you can't take Vendettas and Valkyries together in the same unit.

My point was that the complaint that IG don't have more fliers was a little silly, given that they have 2 choices in their book, with a plastic kit to boot (and converting a Vendetta is super easy). Whereas, by comparison, Orks and Space Marines, 2 of the factions getting kits in this wave, do not have any sort of flier.

Similarly I find the impatience that some people have regarding the DE bomber a little silly for much the same reasons, especially in light of, say, the fact that 1 of their fliers is already out, and Tyranids for example are still waiting on a Harpy model.
    Well, since we are all waiting for pictures and therefore pissiness is totally justified, I wasn't comparing IG to Marines, I was commenting on all the DE whining about their 2nd plane.

so there,

r
    It takes a big hammer to drive a big nail.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234