BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

They are loyalty counters, you can do abilities that increase/decrease the Planeswalker's loyalty. However, you can't do an ability that takes their loyalty to 0 or less.

You play them like any other card, but they act as another player on your side of the field.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

They are loyalty counters, you can do abilities that increase/decrease the Planeswalker's loyalty. However, you can't do an ability that takes their loyalty to 0 or less.

You play them like any other card, but they act as another player on your side of the field.
    A few things to add the what TDA said Wildley

You can use one and only one planeswalker ability per turn and if it is a ( - Minus ) ability you have to have enough loyalty counters to do so.

I.e - If you have 3 loyalty for instance, and activate a -3 ability those 3 counters are removed. if however you only have 2 counters, you will have to take a turn using a ( + ability ) before you can do the - 3 one.

Once a planeswalker has 0 counters it is removed from the game (so you can take your planeswalker down to 0 by choice). The best way to view loyalty is like power and toughness. When you play your planeswalker use a dice or counters to represent its starting loyalty (which is in the bottom right). When you activate an ability (which you can do straight away because its not a creature and doesn't suffer from summoning sickness) add or remove counters accordingly. You can also attack/have your planeswalkers be attacked by creatures. Damage dealt is taken by removing counters. 3 damage , 3 counters etc. You can however block normally.

Hope this helps

Also :
    [URL="http://www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Article.aspx?x=magic/planeswalkers/week4"]
    [url]http://www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Article.aspx?x=magic/planeswalkers/week4[/url]
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    7!? Only 7? How do you spells?!?

by using ways to untap that land, double your mana, or some other creative way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    There is now. Elixir of Immortality, gain 5 life, shuffle your graveyard into your deck.

*puts finger up at Jace*
    hey guess what? shatter.

Chapter-Master

Thanks for the help guys, that link was really useful addamsfamily. Planeswalkers are pretty awesome then.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

I love Jace, as you may have guessed. He is a cool character.

I also like Nicol Bolas and Ajani.

Veteran-Sergeant

OK I have been really busy lately so I've literally only now just got round to being able to reply to this awesome thread.
    Thanks for the bump TDA *thumb up*

Now....

I got into Magic back in 2005, just in time to see the death of the much maligned Kamigawa expansion lol. Ravnica (the Original) was the first set I played and I fell in love with the game from that point on (as you will see in my Signature here, Razia is the Angel I worship)
    Yes, I play Red/White as my primary but I love the other colours as well - except Blue. For some reason Blue has always rubbed me the wrong way.

I haven't got a Standard deck at the minute, I have about 10 friends who play and we collect the cards we like from all the sets (apart from the first four and the "Un" sets). When I was collecting Standard cards, my decks cost about £50-£60. They still kick *** even now, assuming I can get players to agree to play with me at my local games club.

My faves:
    Red/White with Blue splash "Absolution" deck. I have nothing but Lands and Spells in that deck. It works by blowing up/burning away/bouncing & countering anything my opponent tries to put on the ground. Fun deck with an obvious flaw.
    Wrath of God for the win.

Green/Black/White "Rock" deck. I make big, gribbly monsters... I hit you with them... I sacrifice them and gain life equal to how big they are... you lose life for me sacrificing them... and then I resurrect them right back onto the field at the end of turn.
    Lovely

Anyone else got anything along those lines or even decks that would stop these?
    Incidentally Planewalkers are overrated (mostly) lol
    Last edited by dark messenger; 12-11-2012 at 06:33 AM.

A crude representation of the only Angel who ever broke through my impenetrable fortress walls...

My deck would have a go, by either countering your spells, or running through your creatures.

Nice couple of decks there, my only deck at the moment is my soulbound blue/green beatdown deck. Which wins a fair amount.

Trying to decide on a guild to run for the new Ravnica block.
    I like; Izzet, Rakdos, Simic, Dimir, and Golgari.

If you like artifacts, Stick in Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas in it. Combine him with the Arcbound creatures and watch out.

"Yes I would like my Memnite to become a 5/5. Yes I would like my arcbound crusher to get bigger. Yes I would like to crank out ten artifacts a turn. Yes I would like you to lose twenty life in one shot AND deal with my massive army of giant killer robots."
    Last edited by Uncle Nutsy; 12-15-2012 at 03:02 AM.

Ah yes, Tezzeret. He's funny.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast