BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

IMHO the Stormtalon is nothing more than a beeffed up landspeeder. As a Spacewolf player I hope it is not able to be used by us ever.

Holy F'n Crap

I get an Ork Bommer... in time for Narrative... and one of them is all about the fire... Mad Mek... soooo happy.

That and I'm going to ork up the Marine one... it is far too goofy not to just make into some kind of looted Mek Junka

Any idea on Point costs?
    Favorite Team Mate - 40k Narrative (Heresy) WARGames Con 2013
    Favorite Player - 40k Narrative (Armageddon) WARGames Con 2011
    Favorite Opponent - Warmachine Steamroller - WARGames Con 2010

Initiate

I dig them all and am looking forward to their use in my army.

Chapter-Master

the space marine gunship looks exactly as advertised: an Apache helicopter with VTOL instead of whirly blades.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Stormtalon.. um, you are going to LAND and put all the weight of the aircraft onto the front turret? Too much reality in my Sci Fi?

Veteran-Sergeant

I suddenly want an entire Ork air force.

Or I guess, "'ir fowce."
    "Technically correct is the best kind of correct."
    WHFB: Dwarf - TK - Empire - Goblin 40k: SW - IG - Ork

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserdean View Post
    I suddenly want an entire Ork air force.

Or I guess, "'ir fowce."
    The ork slang is to represent how difficult it would be to speak certain syllables with two large tusks in your mouth, emphasized by a cockney accent. In terms of 'air force', a likely spelling would be something along the lines of "Arr-Farss".

On a related note... you might find this entertaining, and a good idea of what roight-proppa ork pilots would be like. It's also the only thing worth reading from Black Library, in regards to anything Ork related. And I do mean the ONLY thing worth reading.
    [URL="http://www.cold-moon.com/40k/Deff%20Skwadron/deff_skwadron.htm"]http://www.cold-moon.com/40k/Deff%20Skwadron/deff_skwadron.htm[/URL]

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

Storm Talon looks even more chibi than the Storm Raven. I like the look of a lot of its components but I think it needs a wider wingspan and a smaller horizontal stabilizer.

Quote Originally Posted by MuGGzy View Post
    Stormtalon.. um, you are going to LAND and put all the weight of the aircraft onto the front turret? Too much reality in my Sci Fi?
    There is probably another landing gear in the centerline rear. I personally plan to take out the rotating ring and trim the gun box as needed to fit it up inside the nose more. Seems a simple fix. I'm also hoping the side gun pod details (Ammo/power box gubbins, are thick enough to put a magnet in so I can magnetize the side guns as well.

So ugly! I need to go look at Eldar flyers right away to stop the burning in my eyes.

Is the Stormtalon to celebrate the upcoming GI Joe movie?? Does it come with a free Snake Eyes toy?? Add this to the price increase and terrible 6th ed rumors and all does not feel well. The sky is falling and its filled with butt ugly SM flyers...

Saying that, I love the ork stuff, and the Necron one is ok if you dig their vibe.

Last edited by Levitas; 05-23-2012 at 11:23 AM.
    Gamer • Painter • Designer • Englishman
    http://levitas-master-artificer.blogspot.com

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast