BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

I'm thinking the storm talon will be a perfect,fluffy addition to my White Scars

Librarian

The Ork fliers look... orky. Fewer plates riveted on than I expected, but then again they *do* have to obey at least a FEW laws of physics. I like the assortment of bombs on the Burna Bomber the most. I also like the turret on top of the Burna Bomber, really just looks right.

The Necron flyer is missing one key thing... a canopy. Even a robo skeleton would do well to have a dome of bulletproof glass to protect against high-velocity bugs getting in his face.

I love the look of the Stormtalon. It's a HUGE improvement over the Stormraven flying refridgerator. The angles are nice, the engines are right, the guns are where they should be, and the tail fin makes sense. Everything just looks really nice on that vehicle. I just don't like the color scheme :P I'll be excited to see how people paint those up or convert them.

Also, I can't help but have a nice big chuckle. If the Stormtalon is strictly a Codex: Space Marines vehicle... well, I'll be happy. I've had too many people at my FLGS raving about how they'd fill their army up with Stormtalons in their BA and BT and DA and SW and GK (and one IG guy was convinced he could take it too) armies. It was getting pretty annoying. In my opinion, Codex: Space Marines is the only one that should get it. The other Codices have enough of their own unique crud.

I was, however, hoping for a snippet on how to add one to a Codex: Chaos Space Marines army, but with that Codex coming up soon, it doesn't surprise me that there wouldn't be...

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    Because, you know, I need to figure out if this is Fast Attack or Heavy Support and what the costs are and which SM books get it. So I can plan lists with it. Right now.

Check the icon on the intake vent on the roof... It's fast attack. Additionally, it's only for Space Marines.

The stormtalon reminds me of the Raptors from Battlestar Galactica with weapon pods. Personally, I like it.

Necron flyer fits the picture and the aesthetic but still looks like a batarang to me.

Ork fighter looks spiffy but I don't play my Orks enough to justify the cost. Also waiting until 6th to see how that affects everything before I buy anything new for 40k.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Hrm, after seeing how...not pretty...the Stormtalon is, I'm kinda glad that its looking like it is vanilla Marines only. The Wolfravens will continue to fly (in opponent's OK, friendly only games )

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    Also, I can't help but have a nice big chuckle. If the Stormtalon is strictly a Codex: Space Marines vehicle... well, I'll be happy. I've had too many people at my FLGS raving about how they'd fill their army up with Stormtalons in their BA and BT and DA and SW and GK (and one IG guy was convinced he could take it too) armies. It was getting pretty annoying. In my opinion, Codex: Space Marines is the only one that should get it. The other Codices have enough of their own unique crud.

I was, however, hoping for a snippet on how to add one to a Codex: Chaos Space Marines army, but with that Codex coming up soon, it doesn't surprise me that there wouldn't be...
    So, you are happy that BA, BT, DA, SW, GK don't get it, but you think Chaos should? Because Chaos has no unique crud I guess. Schadenfreude much?

Also, which unique vehicle do Space Wolves have? Oh, yeah, they get to ride wolves, perfect justification for no airplane.

r
    It takes a big hammer to drive a big nail.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by robrodgers46 View Post
    So, you are happy that BA, BT, DA, SW, GK don't get it, but you think Chaos should? Because Chaos has no unique crud I guess. Schadenfreude much?

Also, which unique vehicle do Space Wolves have? Oh, yeah, they get to ride wolves, perfect justification for no airplane.

r
    Yup! But I understand if they don't, since Chaos will be getting a new Codex

The Talons look... Terrible.

They're like Chibi Planes. They do not fit the Space Marine Ascetic in the least.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

WOW

I think I've seen more impressive looking things in the bowl. Glad My BA's run around with the Stormraven instead.

Squat, block and ngular all fit the SM flyer aesthetic perfectly. Have you not seen the Thunderhawk? These are like chibi thunderhawks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck777 View Post
    The Talons look... Terrible.

They're like Chibi Planes. They do not fit the Space Marine Ascetic in the least.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast