BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Librarian

I find with this stormtalon it is tempting to make into some sort of helicopter. Lengthen the tail end, lose the fins on the back. I can't imagine it would take that much effort.

Must admit... I hate the Storm Raven... But I really quite like the Storm Talon. Has that ugly Apache feel that I love!
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

Chapter-Master

No Tau flyer :-(?

If Tau rumours are correct in claiming it'll be out within a year, then I guess that'd explain it :S
    Last edited by Corvus-Master-of-The-4th; 05-23-2012 at 12:05 AM.
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

Chapter-Master

the ork plane needs stretched IMHO it looks a little stubby
    the marine plane needs larger engines,or helicopter blades (goes off to local hoby store to buy a pair of cheap revel helicopters)
    and just like ninjabread said: the necron plane is a croissant (and i feel it needs a integrated pilot (think classic warlord pilots) or a closed canopy...
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    The Necron flyer is missing one key thing... a canopy. Even a robo skeleton would do well to have a dome of bulletproof glass to protect against high-velocity bugs getting in his face.
    Why would the necron need a canopy, they dont have biological eyes, and use different electronic means of seeing things, a canopy would be unnecessary so why would they waste the materials.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Squat, block and ngular all fit the SM flyer aesthetic perfectly. Have you not seen the Thunderhawk? These are like chibi thunderhawks.
    I agree they look like Chibi Thunderhawks - which would be great if we were playing 40k SD (Super Deformed). But we aren't. I want grim dark not Barbie's jet!

One thing I'd be tempted to do if I had a Necron army would be to make a canopy out of plasticard, slot it in there and use milliput or something to make the join as unobtrusive as possible to cover the cockpit completely. Give it a very alien look.

I just noticed the Ork pilot on the dakka-jet seems to wearing a scarf. I'm so tempted to make a flyer themed Ork army themed on a WWII British squad.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    One thing I'd be tempted to do if I had a Necron army would be to make a canopy out of plasticard, slot it in there and use milliput or something to make the join as unobtrusive as possible to cover the cockpit completely. Give it a very alien look.

I just noticed the Ork pilot on the dakka-jet seems to wearing a scarf. I'm so tempted to make a flyer themed Ork army themed on a WWII British squad.
    Nice Ideas eldargirl, easily doable with a thin bit of plasticard and a hair drier, go for that polished metal look

Perhaps just filling the whole section with greenstuff? afterall if the aim is for an opaque finish the detail inside is irrelevant.

Oh eldargal, you don't half know how to make a guy happy. Hahahaha!

Can't wait to buy some Scythes. >_<
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast