BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

The Storm Talon looks like a it was built out of legos. GW spents 100,000 dollars to create 1 molding cast, this is the possibly the worst looking miniature I've seen in years. Much worst that the dull faced turtle Skorne battle engine and Kingdom Death Wet Nurse.

The Ork Flyer is moderate at best. Paint jobs are nicely done.

The Necron flyer is the best conceived model. Thankfully enough, the designs is keeps pushing away from the Forge World tomb stalker.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by aosol View Post
    Thankfully enough, the designs is keeps pushing away from the Forge World tomb stalker.
    *looks to his FW Tomb Stalker, then to pics of the new Spyders/Wraiths/Triarch Stalker, then back at the Stalker again*

Wat.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Quote Originally Posted by Sonikgav View Post
    Ah so you're one of 'those' players lol.
    Not sure if I should take offence to that or not.

As I play a canon army that has NO guaranteed primogenitor and varying tactics that don't really fit any given codex I feel that I'm free to play them as I wish.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

pity there wasn't a voidraven bomber in the mix. oh well lots of lovely big new models for my dark lances to shoot at

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Not sure if I should take offence to that or not.

As I play a canon army that has NO guaranteed primogenitor and varying tactics that don't really fit any given codex I feel that I'm free to play them as I wish.
    No offence intended.

Its just my local scene is filled with people that play with the same models every week but change which book they use, seemingly at random. Getting sick of playing against DarkSpaceAngel ChaosKnights marine lists. Its as valid as someone playing Tau as Guard or Orks as Tyranids if it suits them.

End of the day its Proxy and if you say your army has no set style or tactic then im guessing they just become Blood Angels when you fancy doing a bit of deepstriking? Again no offence but to use u as the example then In my eyes this is using a different book to take advantage of another set of rules because your 'base' book doesnt have it.

Its like Dark Angel Deathwing armies all of a sudden gaining forceweapons because the GK codex has Paladins and Troop Termies etc.
    Last edited by Sonikgav; 05-23-2012 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonikgav View Post
    No offence intended.
    Then I withdraw my "offended-ed-ness"? Hahaha!

I understand what you mean about proxies, but all models in my army are appropriately equipped dependant on which of the 2 Codicies I use that day.

They're very based on assaulting, and combat, so Blood Angels seems like an appropriate codex.
    The Red Thirst even fits their lust to be in the midst of a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Then I withdraw my "offended-ed-ness"? Hahaha!

I understand what you mean about proxies, but all models in my army are appropriately equipped dependant on which of the 2 Codicies I use that day.

They're very based on assaulting, and combat, so Blood Angels seems like an appropriate codex.
    The Red Thirst even fits their lust to be in the midst of a fight.
    So why not just use then as Blood Angels full time? What does the Marine Codex get you?

Some better tech, and special characters like Kor'sarro Khan that fit with the army well.

Brother-Captain

Still looks infinitely better than the Stormraven.

Chapter-Master

I'm not too upset that I can't take this abortion of a model.

If I want twl donkeyguns I'd take an AV13 fast Baal in the FA slot.

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast