BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

I like them both personally. I also think people should wait until they see the kit in person and with different paintjobs. Most of the stormraven rage evaporated when people started seeing it in the flesh (or plastic). Honestly I think most of it is just the relative unfamiliarity of SM flyers. We know what a thunderhawk looks like, we know what a rhino chassis looks like, we know what a land riader chassis looks like. They have been around for a long, long time even if the design has changed subtlely. But the flyers are new and people aren't used to the boxy marine aesthetic hovering above the ground.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I agree, real thing will likely calm a lot of people. Didn't like the Stormraven pictures, but like the model.

Although as I've said in the comments on front page...it looks like a Stormraven humped an Apache....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Although as I've said in the comments on front page...it looks like a Stormraven humped an Apache....
    Haha! That's exactly what I thought.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Brother-Sergeant

Like the Storm Talon, nice aesthetic, looks like a high powered gunship with a lot of punch. Necron fliers are nice, not too sure about the length of those barrels though. Ork fighter is a bit meh, doesn't look orky enough for me, maybe I'm too fussy.

Brother-Captain

Agreed on all points above.

The snub Apache look that this has is what makes it so appealing to me, really. It looks exactly like the sort of close-in air support platform that Marines would need when they're clearing a block in a Hive City...or in need of something to take out a Chaos Vindicator that has them pinned down or something.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Chaplain

Thought that the thumbnail of the Stormtalon on the front page must've been the Ork flyer... though, it's kind of grown on me, it looks suitably gunshippy and has kind of the same proportions as a Blight Drone going on (though I expect it's larger).
    We Will Strike With The Arms Of Gods
    And Leave Nothing In Our Wake

I think they all look pretty great. Certainly 200% better than anything from PP's Colawfuls.

Marines are chunky. That's why i didnt get it when people wanted skinny, anime Blood Angels, or a sleek Stormraven. It just doesn't fit their aesthetic. A 500 pound man on a 7' frame would be incredibly stocky. Dwayne Johnson is thick as a tree; now add another 240 pounds with only 8" of height. That's why their armor is bulky, their weapons are massive, and the vehicles required to accommodate them are suitability massive.
    Ask about painting commissions and more!

Chapter-Master

The chibihawks(stormravens) issue is the silly roof turret and and it's too short for the massive space marines you mention...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Sonikgav View Post
    I can see the Space Wolves not getting this. Its in the background that given a choice they dont like to fly.
    I don't recall any where saying they don't like to fly. There's the crap added in third ed that they don't like teleporting or jump packs. No flying? Except for starships and Thunderhawks. And with every army getting flyers, I see no reason for GW to cut Wolves, Templars and Dark Angels out. Standard equipment should be that. Standard.
    Last edited by BigGrim; 05-23-2012 at 09:11 AM.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=10151
    My Craftworld Arithym Project Log. Please have a look!

The Hawk Lords are positively in love with flying! Chapters go to them to learn how to pilot Thunderhawks.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast