BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

TNecron one looks about like what we've been seeing from the Necrons.
    The marine is bleh. Good for parts, but looks like a smaller version of the storm-brick in the BA and GK codex.

But the ork one looks like crap in my opinion. I don't like the excessive use of rounded panels, or how it pretty much just looks like someone took a generic jet-model, added a (very small) handful of rivets, a random pipe on one side, and called it "ork plane!" Personally, the thing should look like an excessively riveted nightmarish death-plane (the plane that deaths you), and is fed a diet of large herbivores and tanks. And personally it shouldn't be a "hurr 3-in-1". All that means is they didn't bother to give it any options in the rules, and are instead shoe-horning the players into using one of 3 stock builds... Though given the bland mess the Ork codex is currently in, that's not surprising to me in the least.

Overall... my rating for the Ork jet is "half a jar of mayo". Good for parts, but needs more rivets (and teeth).

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by aosol View Post
    The Storm Talon looks like a it was built out of legos. GW spents 100,000 dollars to create 1 molding cast, this is the possibly the worst looking miniature I've seen in years
    See, this is what irritates me, not that you don't like it, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but the bit claiming it cost 100,000 dollars to make, you don't know that, and I am sure that if you did know the exact price of work hours that went into making the model it would be in terms of £s since the design studio is based in nottingham

I think they all look awesome! The space marine one will look better on the table than it does in a magazine.

This is the issue of WD coming up right???

Scout

Thumbs up

The Stormtalon reminds me of the venom from G Police and the scythe look like a Stargate death glider, minus canopy, both potent flyers.

Yes, it is the newest WD.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Dibbz View Post
    This is the issue of WD coming up right???

Yes, hope it comes this weekend
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar“s Gauntlets

I like the Storm Talon much more than I do the Storm Raven. The lack of proper wings changes the aesthetic to the point where it fits more appropriately as a VTOL craft, in my eyes at least.

The Ork flyer is amazing, but very true to the artwork and Forge World pieces.

The Necron flyer is *meh.* I never cared much for the BFG look of Necron ships, but at least they're consistent.

[QUOTE=GrogDaTyrant;200295
    But the ork one looks like crap in my opinion. I don't like the excessive use of rounded panels, or how it pretty much just looks like someone took a generic jet-model, added a (very small) handful of rivets, a random pipe on one side, and called it "ork plane!" Personally, the thing should look like an excessively riveted nightmarish death-plane (the plane that deaths you), and is fed a diet of large herbivores and tanks. And personally it shouldn't be a "hurr 3-in-1". All that means is they didn't bother to give it any options in the rules, and are instead shoe-horning the players into using one of 3 stock builds... Though given the bland mess the Ork codex is currently in, that's not surprising to me in the least.

Overall... my rating for the Ork jet is "half a jar of mayo". Good for parts, but needs more rivets (and teeth).[/QUOTE]

I really do agree with that, it doesn'tlook orky at all i may buy one for parts the convert it up to something more orky or may save my money and if they really have got "oh my lord rules " convert one out of bits, the old dark eldar raider and P.C. why i choose deffskullz, when current model is bland / or rubbish loota a different one
    Btw next Thursday is the 31st of may (my b -day ) if that helps to when WD is out
    Last edited by oldone; 05-23-2012 at 09:39 AM.

I've been thinking for a while now that i need to do complete Ultramarine company. These would definately fit in nicely.

Was it stated anywhere what slots and how many per unit you can take those Stormtalons?

+1 for the Ork flyers aswell, those look hilarious and capture the orky feelin' perfectly imo!

Now with the rumoured flyer rules in 6th, i would so much like to see plastic thunderbolts for the Guard.. (even tho i am aware that gw has stated that they wont redo any of the forgeworld stuff )

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast