BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Is it time to boycott GW?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

35 30.70%
  • No

79 69.30%
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Default Time for a GW boycott?

Yup, it's painfully obvious that GW is going to keep raising prices above inflation until they price everyone they can out, intentionally or not. That said if you are tired of the GW price increases, don't just "keep the budget the same", join me in my already year long boycott and lets teach Mr. Wells this is not the correct business model, and that we are not happy.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

I boycott companies that kill people, destroy the environment or otherwise do harm. I don't boycott a company that makes expensive toy soldiers.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I boycott companies that kill people, destroy the environment or otherwise do harm. I don't boycott a company that makes expensive toy soldiers.
    then enjoy your high prices. They are going to keep going up and up.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Chapter-Master

I thought you didn't even play the game right now?

And sure... I'll boycott....after I buy 2 or three of the new fliers. And after the 6E books drop. And after.....

You're really speaking to the wrong audience here. The bigger concern should be new buy in. I don't quite understand vets that have armies getting so angry. I mean, if you're a vet, you SHOULD own most of what you need for your army.

So, for me, I look at the price increase list and think, "Oh well, I have pretty much all that I need already..."

www.queencityguard.com

Ineffectually calling for a boycott won't change that. Also if prices go up behind what I feel is a reasonable amount for what you get in terms of quality and quantity I will stop buying. I still won't call it a boycott though, because it wouldn't be.
    Quote Originally Posted by gendoikari87 View Post
    then enjoy your high prices. They are going to keep going up and up.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Iron Father

Where's Big Red when you need him ?
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Ineffectually calling for a boycott won't change that. Also if prices go up behind what I feel is a reasonable amount for what you get in terms of quality and quantity I will stop buying. I still won't call it a boycott though, because it wouldn't be.
    What is your breaking point then eldergal? Just curious because they will reach it, maybe they didn't this year, but next year, they'll do this again.

Why you ask?

Because you people keep spending your same budgets and simply buying less, that makes them more money and is thus more profitable. So where is your breaking point, because they are going to reach it. Mostly because of people like you and witt.

Chapter-Master

We get this every year, when people throw all their toys out of their prams at a few more pounds per models

Just get over it. GW may be expensive, but they deliver a high quality, desireable luxury product. And people are earning more year on year, and materials are getting more expensive, transit of goods is getting more expensive.

Tell you what. GW could close all their stores, minimise their staff, slow the rate of release and cut the costs. You cna pointat all the other companies and say they're not putting prices up, but they don't have to support the infrastructure that GW does.

So do your boycott and piss off. The rest of us will be better off without you whinging
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Just become more selective with your purchasing, I used to start new armies on a whim, or expand existing ones cause "another unit of x would be cool in the display case" It then reached a price point where I limited purchases to books and limited edition stuff, though if a new model is cool enough I might buy it...

But considering still working through several years of backlog there's no rush...

And I certainly don't want to lose the universe, do you?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    We get this every year, when people throw all their toys out of their prams at a few more pounds per models

Just get over it. GW may be expensive, but they deliver a high quality, desireable luxury product. And people are earning more year on year, and materials are getting more expensive, transit of goods is getting more expensive.

Tell you what. GW could close all their stores, minimise their staff, slow the rate of release and cut the costs. You cna pointat all the other companies and say they're not putting prices up, but they don't have to support the infrastructure that GW does.

So do your boycott and piss off. The rest of us will be better off without you whinging
    *claps* Well said.

GW are increasing costs to match THEIR increasing costs. Unfortunately, the world doesn't run on love and cuddles, if it did then I'd be a millionaire. Stuff costs money bro.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast