BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Is it time to boycott GW?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

35 30.70%
  • No

79 69.30%
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by gendoikari87 View Post
    You didn't even understand a word I spoke did you? No, because if you did you'd realize the irony in your post.
    Ya know what......I don't care.....you know why?? Cuz I don't give 2 ****s that you do or don't understand.

I don't care anymore. Simple as that. I'm going to keep buying......you're not going to change my mind or stop me cuz I have free will and am an adult and do what I please. Simple as that.

It all comes down to choice.

Maybe I'm too simple minded for you....

Whats wrong with a Land Raider being $75 if you just started the game. If you just started, or started not long ago, whoopity do? You knew the game was expensive when you got into it. If on the other hand you were turned off by a $75 Land Raider when you were hobby shopping, you probably kept going past the GW shelf and saw something that caught your eye that was more "reasonable."

GW is its own beast, it will florish or die when its ready, that's not our choice, its theirs. As for me, I am probably going to keep feeding the beast because I like when it does tricks and entertains me. If one day I can't afford it, I will probably pass it off to someone that can.

Can we stop this silly topic and agree to disagree or roll a D6 and see which side is right and be done with it?

GW is charging too much for their luxury item. My perceived value for their product was strained 4 years ago. it has only become more strained as time has marched on.

I have more than one hobby and GW doesn't really allow you to embrace their games AND play other games at the same time.

I used to be the kind of gamer that bought every codex and even dabbled into half the available armies just for the fun of it. But I can't afford to do that any more. Codexes used to be 20 dollars. You could afford to own every one of them. Now Codexes are going to cost 45 dollars. I cannot and will not shell out that much money just so I can read the rules of the armies I do not play. The prices of models have also skyrocketed. I cannot afford to dabble any more.

This price hike frustrates me so much because I LIKED the way I played the game. It brought me a lot of joy and happiness.

GW robbed me of my happiness and I am sad.

Brother-Captain

I'm going to just get better at sculpting my own stuff now...

I've been thinking for a while now that it's time to learn some 3d modeling software...

3d printing, I think, is where it's at.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck777 View Post
    GW is charging too much for their luxury item. My perceived value for their product was strained 4 years ago. it has only become more strained as time has marched on.

To you.

Much like it seems like others on this thread can, I am able to budget my modest income to afford a MONTHLY budget. With the price increase, I simply may not get as much. In turn, I may actually get more painting done.

With all that being said, I have plenty of friends that are a part of this hobby that make well into the six figures.

The thing about "dorky" hobbies is that they tend to have a lot of high income earning people participating in them. There's a reason a company like [URL="http://www.geekchichq.com/"]Geek Chic[/URL] can stay in business. There's a reason FFG can sell $100 games consistently.

I'm probably going to come of sound callous, but if you're living paycheck to paycheck, or are unemployed, this probably isn't the hobby for you jump into. It's a moderately expensive hobby, but no more so than Golfing, or Skiing, or even being a videogamer.

As for GW not "allowing" you to play other games. What? That's ludicrous. There are plenty of games you can play instead of or in addition to 40k. And GW doesn't prevent you from purchasing them. No one from GW HQ sent me a cease and desist when I made a Dust Warfare purchase last week.

TBH, your "happiness" sounds like the most expensive way to participate in this hobby. And claiming GW "robbed" you of that happiness is just silly. Are they refusing to let you play with ALL of the stuff you still have? No?

As for Gendo -- You keep trying to claim this moral high ground to dictate the "right" price to pay for plastic soldiers. We've been around this merry-go-round before. The "right" price for 40k is the price the market will bear. As a public company, GW owes you nothing unless you're a shareholder, and then they owe you their best effort to maximize profits.

And I'm sorry. Not everyone is entitled to the same privileges. I'm probably never going to own a Maserati or a 15-bedroom house. I'll probably never own a race horse or a yacht. I've never felt slighted because of these things. Your notion of entitlement is absurd, and as I've intimated plenty of times before, is one of the prevailing problems in the United States.

www.queencityguard.com

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    To you.

Much like it seems like others on this thread can, I am able to budget my modest income to afford a MONTHLY budget. With the price increase, I simply may not get as much. In turn, I may actually get more painting done.

With all that being said, I have plenty of friends that are a part of this hobby that make well into the six figures.

The thing about "dorky" hobbies is that they tend to have a lot of high income earning people participating in them. There's a reason a company like [URL="http://www.geekchichq.com/"]Geek Chic[/URL] can stay in business. There's a reason FFG can sell $100 games consistently.

I'm probably going to come of sound callous, but if you're living paycheck to paycheck, or are unemployed, this probably isn't the hobby for you jump into. It's a moderately expensive hobby, but no more so than Golfing, or Skiing, or even being a videogamer.

As for GW not "allowing" you to play other games. What? That's ludicrous. There are plenty of games you can play instead of or in addition to 40k. And GW doesn't prevent you from purchasing them. No one from GW HQ sent me a cease and desist when I made a Dust Warfare purchase last week.

TBH, your "happiness" sounds like the most expensive way to participate in this hobby. And claiming GW "robbed" you of that happiness is just silly. Are they refusing to let you play with ALL of the stuff you still have? No?

As for Gendo -- You keep trying to claim this moral high ground to dictate the "right" price to pay for plastic soldiers. We've been around this merry-go-round before. The "right" price for 40k is the price the market will bear. As a public company, GW owes you nothing unless you're a shareholder, and then they owe you their best effort to maximize profits.

And I'm sorry. Not everyone is entitled to the same privileges. I'm probably never going to own a Maserati or a 15-bedroom house. I'll probably never own a race horse or a yacht. I've never felt slighted because of these things. Your notion of entitlement is absurd, and as I've intimated plenty of times before, is one of the prevailing problems in the United States.
    I see your lips moving but all I hear is "blah blah blah* you deserve to have the rich steal part of your labor.

I know that's not what you're saying because you don't understand the greater socio-economic principals at work here but that's what you're saying.

And I'm sorry. Not everyone is entitled to the same privileges.
    never did I say they were entitled to the same privileges.

I'll probably never own a race horse or a yacht.
    no **** sherlock, not everyones capable of that level of earning, but the ones that do, usually but not allways, do it on the backs of others.
    Last edited by gendoikari87; 05-23-2012 at 10:13 PM.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Copeland View Post
    Gendoi, please go back one page and respond to THAT post. That's the one I want to hear from you on.
    I responded, no response?
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

If you can't pay for the models, you got problems in your life that no one but yourself can help.

no, don't bother to respond with an essay-like post because I won't respond to it and frankly... I don't care! I have too much fun in life to even bother responding to wah posts.
    Last edited by Uncle Nutsy; 05-23-2012 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Nutsy View Post
    If you can't pay for the models, you got problems in your life that no one but yourself can help.

no, don't bother to respond with an essay-like post because I won't respond to it and frankly... I don't care! I have too much fun in life to even bother responding to wah posts.
    Wasn't going to, it was fun arguing with small brained people who can't grasp a larger picture than their own circumstances but now it's just pathetic.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast