BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Is it time to boycott GW?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

35 30.70%
  • No

79 69.30%
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    To you.

Much like it seems like others on this thread can, I am able to budget my modest income to afford a MONTHLY budget. With the price increase, I simply may not get as much. In turn, I may actually get more painting done.
    Except you are missing the point.

I am not poor. Nor do I lack the understanding of the finer points of budgeting and saving up.

My point was that, TO ME, I am not getting my money's worth out of the game. I loved my opulent lifestyle because I felt like each dollar I spent was netting me hours of fun.

Four years of double digit price hikes later and I don't feel the same any more.

34 dollars for a single model in terminator armor? 40 dollars for a Rhino? 82 dollars for a dinky jet?

These are not prices that scream "value for money." Not that they ever did, really. Prices were high because they served as a gate keeper and I was more or less ok with that. But these new price points feel, TO ME, to be too high. I don't perceive them as giving me the same kind of value for my money as they once did.

This FEELING is not quantifiable and it will differ from person to person. This FEELING is really where this whole debate is centered upon. You do not FEEL GW is bilking you. I do. Neither of us can take our arguments and hold them up as the undeniable truth that all mankind should look to in awe of.

This is just a discussion between a bunch of nerds who all spend too much on toy soldiers. Some of us feel the prices are too high to continue their investment, while others disagree.

Then take advantage of the FREE part of the game and play!

Apart from a few bits in the new wave of 'crons I haven't actually bought any models in months!
    Nowadays I only buy paints and novels. £2.30 for paints is not a big take out from my budget, and neither is £7.99 for a novel.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    Where are those from?
    They are from the latest half year report by GW [url]http://investor.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/2011-12-Press-statement.pdf[/url] its on page 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ksoh75 View Post
    They also don't care if you or the Queen of England plays the game or buys their product because they know The King of France and Santa Clause will buy the $75 Land Raider because they want to.
    Santa plays 40K ZOMG!!!!1111one111
    The only Boycott I'd like to see in GW is this one:

Chapter-Master

£2.30 for paint?
    find yourself an independent stockist selling off the old paint cheap...
    £1 a pot I paid last time I was buying paint, for the previous range of citadels.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

I like the new paints, much easier to use.

Plus, I really like texture paint, it is my new god!
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Veteran-Sergeant

The prices are going up again.

Hows that boycott working out for you?

Chapter-Master

every time theres a price increase this happens, people rage and say they wont buy. gw releases some new plastic crack. BUY BUY BUY
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    every time theres a price increase this happens, people rage and say they wont buy. gw releases some new plastic crack. BUY BUY BUY
    Australia has proven people don't always buy buy buy. Lots of people STOP STOP STOP.

Hehehe I like these discussions about GW“s price increases

When I read the comments I sometimes imagine that there must be a bunch of GW sales reps out there, knocking on doors with a big club in hand, forcing people to buy their stuff ^^

I do not really care much for the GW prices and you know why? Because I simply like their products and the game and if I have the feeling a specific modell is not worth the price (like for example most Finecast stuff right now) I simply do not buy it or take a look at Ebay or independent resellers for a better price.

Also I do not buy all stuff I want to have at once, why should I, I am not able to build and paint that fast anyway^^ And if you split the purchases over some weeks or even months/years, its not that expensive at all

Just my 2 cents and thanks a lot for the entertaining, gets sometimes quite boring in office

Occuli Imperator

Not really, 2011 sales 10630, 2010 sale 10795 (in £000s) drop of 1.5% during downturn, combined with increased operational profits in 2011 would seem to suggest that there isn't a big effect

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast