BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Is it time to boycott GW?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

35 30.70%
  • No

79 69.30%
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by gendoikari87 View Post
    Because you people keep spending your same budgets and simply buying less, that makes them more money and is thus more profitable. So where is your breaking point, because they are going to reach it. Mostly because of people like you and witt.
    You're sort of missing the point that a lot of us have tried to explain to you numerous times:

Nearly everyone on this forum, based on knowing folks like Deadlift and EG and DrLove for more than a year, have a particular budget they stick to on a monthly basis for their gaming. If prices go up, we simply get less. Our budget isn't dictated by GW. Our budget is dictated by our income.

And again, the people that seem to complain the most are veterans that shouldn't NEED to add that much to any army. For instance, I simply couldn't tell you when the last time I purchased a Rhino, or a Tactical Squad, or hell, even an Assault squad was.

www.queencityguard.com

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome[/url]
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    You're sort of missing the point that a lot of us have tried to explain to you numerous times:

Nearly everyone on this forum, based on knowing folks like Deadlift and EG and DrLove for more than a year, have a particular budget they stick to on a monthly basis for their gaming. If prices go up, we simply get less. Our budget isn't dictated by GW. Our budget is dictated by our income.

And again, the people that seem to complain the most are veterans that shouldn't NEED to add that much to any army. For instance, I simply couldn't tell you when the last time I purchased a Rhino, or a Tactical Squad, or hell, even an Assault squad was.
    so you don't care one bit about new member being turned away at these prices, and old vets like me quitting. I hope you have a well established gaming group.

P.S. on a good note Apocalypse and baneblades are now relatively affordable.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by gendoikari87 View Post
    this one you pulled out your ***, housing is still down 20% and that's a conservative esitmate.
    I call your bluff, sir, with a report directly from the US Census Bureau:

[url]http://www.census.gov/construction/nrs/pdf/newressales.pdf[/url]

www.queencityguard.com

Chapter-Master

I thought you didn't even play the game right now?

And sure... I'll boycott....after I buy 2 or three of the new fliers. And after the 6E books drop. And after.....

You're really speaking to the wrong audience here. The bigger concern should be new buy in. I don't quite understand vets that have armies getting so angry. I mean, if you're a vet, you SHOULD own most of what you need for your army.

So, for me, I look at the price increase list and think, "Oh well, I have pretty much all that I need already..."
    Read the part in Bold, please, Gendo. It was a part of my first response post. I'm all about having discourse with you, but you need to read the other posts if we're going to even attempt to do this intelligently.

www.queencityguard.com

Read the part in Bold, please, Gendo. It was a part of my first response post. I'm all about having discourse with you, but you need to read the other posts if we're going to even attempt to do this intelligently.
    Oh I read it but you still seem to not care. Which if you have a good gaming group and you all have your armies I can see.

EDIT: WTF is with the difference between the bols and dakka polls. this one has almost no one boycotting while bols is almost half and half with the same number of votes. Small sample sizes?
    Last edited by gendoikari87; 05-23-2012 at 07:54 AM.

Also, I'm not defending the price rise, I think it is stupid. A 5% accross the range would have been better than 5-75% across selected things. I'm just saying it isn't the end of the world and it isn't worth a boycott as no one is being hurt except possible GW themselves. Maybe.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Iron Father

Over 76% of people in your poll said no to your boycott or 1 out of 19 I think, either Gen there's your answer. You asked the question, you got your answer.

Folks, I have a vision of this boy sat at home having a great time try to wind us all up. **** that ****, I am not giving him the satisfaction.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

I'm not going to participate in a "boycott". Boycotts are stupid and most of them are ridiculously ineffective.

What I WILL do is make a decision as a free market consumer and choose to purchase less GW product. GW prices were always within the "impulse purchase" price range. I'd walk into a game shop, play a game and be like "I really could have used another land raider" or "Damn I feel like painting a new wraithlord" - then walk out of the shop with one.

Those types of purchases aren't going to happen anymore at these prices for me as a consumer. I'm not a tightwad by any means but I'm also not going to throw good pocket change out the window.

My purchases are now going to be based on what kind of army I want to build. Everything will be planned from now on.

GW seems to think that their luxury items are inelastic in their demand versus their cost. Its simply not the case and I think GW is going to really be surprised just how much in sales they're going to lose because of this.

THAT will be the boycott - the unintentional one. The one that happens when thousands of consumers independently make informed decisions on the value of their potential purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Also, I'm not defending the price rise, I think it is stupid. A 5% accross the range would have been better than 5-75% across selected things. I'm just saying it isn't the end of the world and it isn't worth a boycott as no one is being hurt except possible GW themselves. Maybe.
    of course THIS one isn't the end of the hobby, my point is taht GW is going to keep doing this until they get to a point where new players are few and far between and when that happens, GW will be looking at it's last days. Well GW won't, the table top game will.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast