BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Librarian

Default Interesting "transmission" from GW

‎+++ Follows a coded Transmission, Epsilion Clearance, Code Black Recognition, Message transcribed from archaic Battle Cant Interception took the life of Astropath Q45Im0 Theta, replacement form has been sent to the nearest convent. Pro Benidico Imperius+++

Sins are never forgiven.

Forvar has aligned himself with the Crusaders of Righteousness. Bane has refused to commit, and so Forvar stands alone.

A brother will quest without aid in no Universe where I draw breath.

Tell Forvar I am coming, and Hels' frozen breath rides with me.

Fionn 'Cries Havoc' Yalewinter.
    Runeward of the Questing Brotherhood

Redemption is its own Reward.

+++Transmission Ends.+++

The names are rather American Indian, and the key word here is redemption. A teaser of something to come?

Librarian

Cryptic indeed. Did this come in an e-mail or what? Got a source?

Chapter-Master

Fluff piece excerpt from a DA vs Chaos boxed set, and internal politics within the DA chapter regarding the Fallen, I bet.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    Cryptic indeed. Did this come in an e-mail or what? Got a source?
    From GW:Warhammer world facebook page.

Hels' frozen breath rides with me.
    Hel is the norse goddess of the underworld, "frozen breath" further sounds distinctly Fenrisian.
    förvar is a norweigian and swedish word, although it means substantially different things per Google Translate.

Fionn sounds Irish/Scottish/Gaelic

And RUNEward!!!!

That sounds a lot more like Space Puppies than Dork Angels.
    If this is the way mankind ends up, I'm rooting for the Orks.

Librarian

Crusaders of Righteousness sounds like a sub-cult of Word Bearers or at least something related to it.
    Hmm....

Chaplain

Could also be for the WD next month having a big peice about White Scars.
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

Battle-Brother

"Sins are never forgiven.

Forvar has aligned himself with the Crusaders of Righteousness. Bane has refused to commit, and so Forvar stands alone.

A brother will quest without aid in no Universe where I draw breath.

Tell Forvar I am coming, and Hels' frozen breath rides with me.

Fionn 'Cries Havoc' Yalewinter.
    Runeward of the Questing Brotherhood

Redemption is its own Reward."

It looks to me like it definitely has something to do with Dark Angels (Sins are never forgiven, Redemption is its own Reward, and in that context, Crusaders of Righteousness), although the names (especially given inquisitorsog's info) seem more akin to Space Wolves...

...my guess is that it's detailing an internal divide in the Space Wolves -- those that are allying with the Dark Angels to hunt the Fallen and those that aren't (perhaps because they won't get over the rivalry originally started between Johnson and Russ?).

Curious, in any case!

Librarian

At the Badab campaign weekend this weekend, the two sides are called Crusaders of Righteousness and Heralds Of Liberation.
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

Scout

Default Redemtion is its own reward

I used to exclussively enjoy this kind of space marine rivlary in the Dark Angels because of the bitter hate I imagined the 1st company had for the fallen. Then the HH and Badab Wars opened my eyes to the complexities and degrees of betrayal that occur amongst SMs. That said the hate and loathing experienced by Roboute towards Mortarion, in Know No Fear, was powerful enough for me to engage the emotion. I then reflected back on foiled plot in the DA betrayal and realized that the hate they must feel. SMs that would cooperate in something like a: 'drop site massacre'; Propero burns; a sacking of Carth; sabotage; assassination, annihilation, have commited total betrayal. To make it worse, SMs that have gone over to Chaos betray loyalists in the sense that a loyal marine is now the preservation of that which their own brothers want tanscended into decay. Redemtion is felt by all betrayed chapters. Whether they have been wounded by brothers from within their own chapter or by brothers from another chapter. Depending on the way in which the spite and hate is written about characterizes the chapter portrayed.
    Redemtion is its own reward! IMO It's very DA!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast