BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

I think if instead of doing all of one army, they had set this out as "we want to make these regiment boxes and we need your funding to make it happen" and then had a mix of boxes, to go with the champion figures they already do, so Dwarves, but also Elves, Dark Elves, Orcs etc and focused perhaps more on the types that GW don't have in plastics (cos lets face it, most people use AoW figures in their GW armies, so might as well use that for now) they would have gotten a lot more interest as people would want the total to reach the target set for their armies box to be made.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Battle-Brother

i like that idea Brakkart, im not the least bit interested in Dwarves so not really a reason to pledge money for that. If they had some more different units to offer i might be interested in it.

Brother-Captain

I get the feeling that this is going to fail to reach their $20k goal. It's been running for 17 days now, has 15 left to go and they aren't even over the half way mark yet as the total is at $9,605 right now. If they don't reach the minimum funding level of $20k then they get nothing at all. I think focusing entirely on one army was a mistake. I'd love to be proved wrong, but as things stand I don't think I will be.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Chapter-Master

I think they also picked a tricky army, Dwarfs aren't a particularly big seller for GW and are in need of an update to the army book. They may also have set their goal too high. Still, they can always do it again with less ambitious targets, safe in the knowledge there are interested parties willing to invest.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

While I think you are right that dwarves aren't big sellers... I think the timing on this line is fantastic. Rumor still has Dwarves in the pipeline for WFB sometime in 2013 if I recall correctly. If AoW times things right they could already have an established high-quality line by release of any new army book.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

It is sad that people have pledged $85,000 to Mantic for their average miniatures and only $9000 to a company that has sculpts of AoW's quality
    Tales from Original WFRP. My Troll-Slayer would be a terror with his axe, then my friend's Tax-Collector would hit the foul beasty with his cane and usually get the killing blow.

Brother-Captain

They have hit $11,000 now with 11 days left to go and to try and drum up more interest and pledges AoW have changed the line-up of pledge rewards. I'm actually rather tempted to have a go at $20 lottery prize, as it currently has no takers. I'll wait until near the end, but if there's only a few going for it then $20 for a shot at winning 1 of every future AoW product (postage included!) is gonna be hard to resist.

Brother-Captain

Changing the perks on offer seems to have given this a much needed kick up the bum as with 7 days left to go they are now at $14,750. Sadly they had to remove the raffle ticket perk as it's against Indiegogo's policies, but AoW are honouring the few that had picked that option and should the project be funded, one of those will win the prize that was on offer. Which I think is pretty decent of them. Just kinda narked off that I'm not in that draw!

I'm getting some art. Well technically a friend is getting me some art to pay back something she owes me for but the end result is the same. Still undecided about pledging some myself for miniatures, will see how it goes closer to the end date.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

From the AoW kickstarter comments (via warseer)
    Mark said 3 days ago
    What army do you guys plan on doing next via this? shame I’m a bit skint at the moment because the tour sounded interesting, you guys plan on doing something like that again?
    atars of War said 1 day ago
    Mark, probably Dark Elves, but not sure yet…

Thanks so much for all the new contributions! It will be a close call at the end, but really hope we make it!
    *squee*

The pledge campaign is doing really well, in the last 24 hours they have gone from needing to raise 780USD a day to needing 592USD a day.

Edit: Ha, another 200 pledged in the last ten minutes, down to 565 a day.
    Last edited by eldargal; 06-20-2012 at 10:30 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast