BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

24k. Bear Warriors are a go.

So if I pledge this, does anyone have any suggestions on which models I should take?

www.queencityguard.com

Brother-Captain

I'd go for the unit types you can't get from GW for starters, so the ltd edition standard bearer, the living ancestor statues, bear warriors and treasure hunters. And if they hit the $26k goal, then the dwarf king on war bear kit is a must!
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Chapter-Master

You are right on with what I was thinking.

Does GW do plastic iron breakers?

www.queencityguard.com

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    You are right on with what I was thinking.

Does GW do plastic iron breakers?
    Nope, the Hammerers, Longbeards and Iron Breakers are all still metal figures from GW so those units would be good to grab too.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Brother-Captain

Gotta say I like the description AoW have posted up for what the Bear Warriors are:

A Dwarf Berserker has to pass the initiation rite to become a Bear warrior, killing a Great War bear in a single fight using only a pair of bear claws as weapon. Most Berserkers will end up teared to pieces, the victorious ones will eat the bear’s heart to capture its spirit, and dress with the bear’s fur from now on in battle.
    So basically an entire unit made up of what would be Giant/Dragon/Daemon Slayers in Warhammer, draped in bear skins and wielding claws like Wolverine? Awesome!

Chapter-Master

Lord on Bear just funded. Booyah.

www.queencityguard.com

Still 300 away from teh Lord on Bear from what I'm seeing, they will get it though. Somehow I doubt they are going to make it to Valkyries.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

No they have got enough for the King on Bear EG, it's the Bear Lord (I'm guessing a character model of the bear warriors) that's not quite there yet, though just $90 to go now. With regards to the mix of models you can pick from for your perk, Felix has added this to the comments:

Many of you have asked to exchange 5 minis of a perk for heroes. Sure! If you are interested in adding to your perk any of the AoW existing heroes (Dwarfs or not), you can exhange 5 minis of your perk for a hero.
    For example, on the 100 minis perk, you can get 90 minis and two heroes.
    Again a nice idea, that I'm sure will make its way into their next one of these kickstarters and should make their next effort a much bigger success.

And yeah, doesn't look like the Valkyries are gonna make it, but it is a good idea for a unit for their game, something unique to Warthrone, so with luck they'll make it at some point.

Weird, mine was showing them 300 under until a couple of minutes ago despite refreshing it often.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

Browser cache's are weird indeed. They've just passed the amount for the Bear Lord now, $3.5k to Pathfinders. $21k to Valkyries though... they might make the Bear Cavalry unit however, which would be pretty cool.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast