BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Battle of the Imperial Palace diorama.

Someone posted a little pic of this on Warseer and it reminded me how damned cool it was:

It used to be up at Warhammer World I believe, not sure if it still is or not. Made 1998-2002, I forget precisely when.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I remember this!
    No idea if it's still there, but I'm going to Nottingham in August. Hopefully it will be.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

If it is still there, its hidden in the back rooms. I was there not 2 month ago. They've got the awesome Space Wolf fortress and Nids assault that was at Gamesday afew year back in the window though. And thats beautiful
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

It must have been huge! I take it is all in the 40k 28mm scale and not the epic scale?

Does any one else have any images of this?

Seeing this and thinking of the above mentioned SW vs Nid theatres, just makes me wonder what the folks at GW HQ are thinking up for GD this year!

Brother-Sergeant

Aaaahhh...that takes me back. I remember seeing it at gamesday199? (I'm old now so it's easy to forget!)

It was awesome!

I loved the big displays they used to do each year. Not so much when I started working for the company though. We always had to spend the summer painting a ton of models for them!

Librarian

indeed it was a geat piece of work, but according to fluff it was flawed.
    wasnt there an imperator titan supposedly standing over the gate? granted this may not be 'that' gate butr im sure it is supposed to be

still though the man power to put that together must have been crazy. i imagine it would have been like the ultra marines display where each shop had to paint up a section then they were all put together at games day to create the entire chapter. again this was in the late 90's early 20ks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Codpiece View Post
    indeed it was a geat piece of work, but according to fluff it was flawed.
    wasnt there an imperator titan supposedly standing over the gate? granted this may not be 'that' gate butr im sure it is supposed to be

still though the man power to put that together must have been crazy. i imagine it would have been like the ultra marines display where each shop had to paint up a section then they were all put together at games day to create the entire chapter. again this was in the late 90's early 20ks
    this was befor titans were mainstream *puts on hipster glasses* and really a scale impertirators foot would take up 1/8th of that board alone :P
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    this was befor titans were mainstream *puts on hipster glasses* and really a scale impertirators foot would take up 1/8th of that board alone :P
    yeah, that was my point still a great diorama and probably one of the best that GW have done.

Chapter-Master

I always love seeing this. I remember back when warhammer world had a museum with lifesize dioramas (vividly recall the ork mek using a stikkbomb as a door stop!) and a couple of huge dioramas; this, one of Catachans fighting Dark Angels and one of Undead storming an Empire town. That tells you how long ago I went, given that Undead were still a single army.

It really is a shame that this isn't on display any more as it is a truely awesome inspiration. Especially when they told us about the titans being made out of waching machine parts and the like. Will try to dredge my memory for any of the other facts about any of the dioramas.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Chapter-Master

Is battle at big toof river still there? or the the full ultra marine chapter?

I really ought to have another trip, not been for yonks...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast