BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First-Captain

Default Legion of the Damned WAVE 2

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat1430059&rootCatGameSt yle=[/url]

New LOTD models just went up for advance order. The sergeant looks great!

Grand Provost Marshal

I like these better than the first wave. Nice!

Abbess Sanctorum

Do they really need so many different models for a single elite choice?
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    yes

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post

Quote Originally Posted by energongoodie View Post
    yes
    lmao but all i can say bout them is DAMN

currently working on a line of sci-fi bunkers and tunneling, input always appreciated

Chaplain

MEQ are MEQ; perhaps they are hoping people will use them for a variety of unit choices ... they sure are gorgeous, but yeah ... for one of the worst units in the game that's kinda silly.

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by energongoodie View Post
    yes
    No.

And I'd ask the same question if they created twenty separate Celestian models, too (even if it would be nice to have the plastics). Except for troops choices, no single unit needs that many different models... and troops choices only because you're supposed to have a lot of them anyway.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chaplain

No, that's not really an appropriate comparison. There are 2 competitive and relatively current edition codices in Chaos and SM (and arguably more like 5+ if you count things like the angels, templars, etc.) that utilize marine models with bolters and occasionally special or heavy weapons as primary miniatures across numerous slots in the army. While there is a Legion of the Damned slot for the Marines to make the miniatures actually relevant to a specific unit, most of them can be cross utilized by eager beaver hobbyists until they are blue in the face.

It's not equivalent to releasing 20 separate Celestian models for this very reason. Or, perhaps it is, in the sense that if there were multiple popular codices/armies out there utilizing female warriors in powered armor with bolters as standard issue sidearms, it would make some sense to release gorgeous miniatures of femal warriors in powered armor with bolters as standard issue sidearms.

While anyone with half a brain can compliain about the fact that releasing two waves of metals for a unit that is utter crap and limited to a small section of a single dex ... a little analysis shows it's certainly not the worst thing ever ... at least they have a lot of cross utility.

Occuli Imperator

I am really excited about the havy flamer model... 4 of them are going straight into my 2 sternguard squads!

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Chaplain

Bingo! The LOTD make me want to acquire various models for my marine army. I don't even have a marine army. Kudos to amazing models for a unit that not only didn't have any, but is simple enough in load-out and style to fit into an enormous range of alternate options.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast