BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenManiac View Post
    Sounds familiar from somewhere indeed.
    Hopefully there is some sort of a catch with them 3 pts gaunts that puts them on the level with Grots, as they should be for those points
    I don't think there will be. Expect a reciprocal drop in the next Ork Dex though.

As regards the AoBR Dread, yes, probably. Don't forget also that the MM isn't in the main Dread box, despite being one of the few(ish) options also available to Chaos Dreads.
    Opinions are like aresholes. Get yours outta my face.. MindWar FTW. Bald and Screaming. Couple others...;) Learn something.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew da Destroya View Post
    LOL! It must be.

I would disagree... it doesn't seem fluffy to me for more bugs to randomly spawn in one particular squad. It seems much more fluffy for the Hive Mind (or Norn Queen, Tyrant, w/e) to notice that a brood was wiped out, and to redirect another nearby brood to the battle.

really cause i thought that the 'nids created spawn pools as they went so i thought that some would jump out and go (not literally) "hey look guys reinforcements have arrived!"

Quote Originally Posted by the one View Post
    The Plastic Trygon may have bits to make a Trygon or a Zoanthroph. Something else is also possibly buildable from the kit. More on that as i get info.
    Wait, what? That seems rather confusing. Either the Trygon's getting hugely scaled down, or the Zoanthrope is getting scaled up, and either way the design of one of the two is changing drastically. I can't think of any parts the two would share. Perhaps it's supposed to be able to make a Malanthrope? That seems more likely (and a really cool idea).

Brother-Sergeant

Nah, it could work. Since they both are based on a more or less snake-like torso with arms, you just simply have to make the torso in sections...Leave a section out to shorten the overall height and make a zoan...Put the section in to get the taller Trygon. Plus, that would be better from a modeling aspect, as it would allow a larger amount of pose options. Then it's just a matter of getting the proper arm, carapace, or head options. Or mabey I'm being optimistic..

as sad as I am that the next codex is not one for an army I play (I don't play DE or Necrons) I must admit that I am pretty happy the new nid codex was not written by phil kelly. anybody else notice that the codexs that get the most complaints about being "cheesy" are his? they either need to keep him away from new books or have him write them all, so they will all be equally broken. I have high expectations that this codex will be balanced, fair, while staying true to the fluff. but I've been wrong before. . .

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by firestorm View Post
    Whilst it's nice that 'Nids are getting new models (this may be enough to tempt me to round my existing force, 1,500 points made only the contents of two Battle force sets) to 2, even 3,000 points.

However, I can't believe that Nids are getting done AGAIN, ahead of Dark ELdar and Necrons.

'Nids have been updated THREE TIMES now within a decade; they're getting as bad as Marines...
    Are 'nids really that popular? In my area we've only got 1 hard core nid player, the rest is a smattering of chaos, sm, daemon and guard (occational eldar)
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Madjob View Post
    Wait, what? That seems rather confusing. Either the Trygon's getting hugely scaled down, or the Zoanthrope is getting scaled up, and either way the design of one of the two is changing drastically. I can't think of any parts the two would share. Perhaps it's supposed to be able to make a Malanthrope? That seems more likely (and a really cool idea).
    Im leaning towards what your saying... No way Zoanthrope can be a Trygon... However, a Malenthrope can be a Trygon. If anyone doubts this simply look at the Forgeworld pics for the Malenthrope.

So, has the same author written any of the other codexes? I'm too lazy to check. Should we be fearing cheese, or does he make well balanced armies?

Warriors as Troops- Rock on!
    6 point Hormagaunts- FInally!

I hope the Lictor gets some updates. I love lictors, but the DS into terrain test is annoying.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by twistinthunder View Post
    really cause i thought that the 'nids created spawn pools as they went so i thought that some would jump out and go (not literally) "hey look guys reinforcements have arrived!"
    Certain creatures probably create Digestion Pools as they're wandering about eating biomass, but I'm pretty sure that most (if not all) the actual fighting creatures are dropped from orbiting Hive Ships in those Mycetic(?) Spore Sacs. Pretty much Bio-Drop Pods.

Aren't Spawning Pools the building that lets you create Zerglings in Starcraft? Similar enough in theory, but I don't think Tyranid are created on-planet. I could be wrong, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrandus View Post
    So, has the same author written any of the other codexes? I'm too lazy to check. Should we be fearing cheese, or does he make well balanced armies?

Warriors as Troops- Rock on!
    6 point Hormagaunts- FInally!

I hope the Lictor gets some updates. I love lictors, but the DS into terrain test is annoying.
    its been/being written by robin the new guy that wrote codex:imperial guard and from what i heard the guard codex is fairly balanced.

i too hope the lictor gets an update possible a plastic set which make 3? and the 0-1 restiction to come off since i think having 9 lictors running round in a game would be immense.

and why dont we get bio-drop pods?

also how easy do you guys think it would be for gw to release the hierophant?
    Last edited by twistinthunder; 09-30-2009 at 12:09 AM.

Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast