BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Cool

If this is true and as posted above....it would be the first codex to also include Apocalypse Units in a Codex....That I don't buy. GW would want to pump out a new book like Apocalypse Reload to milk out more money. If so why was it not done in the IG codex or Space Wolves, Space Marines have the least real Apocalypse units. Thanks EvilEd209 (great name by the way) for the much better layout and break down of the stats/units. I bet Strangle is counts as difficult terrain for a turn, or something along that lines.

Chaplain

Most of that seems pretty reasonable if you assume that there is apoc stuff mixed in. What I wonder is does this mean we are expecting another wave of apoc releases after tyranids are out? I hope so!

Chapter-Master

I agree. I don't buy GW putting Apoc stuff into a standard codex, and I don't buy some of this stuff useable in normal games.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Exclamation

Remember the Massive Squiggoth for the Chapter Approved Feral Ork Codex....
    WS2 BS3 S9 T7 W6 I1 A4 Ld7 Sv4+
    Up too 3 Ork Heavy Weapons TW Rokkits, TW Big Shootas, Lobbas or Kannons
    Transport Options and a Monstrous Creature
    Heavy Support

Not a 0-1 and 90 Points base!!!

Note not all rules posted see your Chapter Approved 2004 for full rules.

So 200+ points for a huge Nid.....not too far really.
    Last edited by Anarchyman99; 10-10-2009 at 08:50 AM.

in regards to the Squiggoth, it was nice, but it also was a varient list which really lacked big bang anywhere else. The Squiggoth was still the only heavy hitter in the army, lacking such basic Ork accruments such as Zzap guns and Power Klaws.

My favorite part about the Squiggoth was it's low leadership. often times, I would see an eldar farseer one-shot it with Mind war.

I'm just saying crazy stat wise, it's not too far off

Chapter-Master

Well, I don't know if a chapter approved unit for such an old codex would be very balanced in the current ruleset. 6W, T7 etc, for 90 pts? Take 3, then hide the rest of your army behind it, cause that is one heck of a meatsheild, and for 180pts, too.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Hmmm, ok heres the deal guys...

That list is fake, its a pure wishlist thats been debunked by Brimstone at Warseer, actually its one of the reasons the Nid Rumour thread was closed (among other things).

Current info points that while the Trygon will be made in plastic it actually may not be in the dex. The hierodule and Exocrine are definatly not in.

As for those of you thinking the trygon is over the top... I recently started a Space Marine army and built myself a drop pod. ITS THE SAME BLOODY SIZE AS A TRYGON! (I have a trygon also)

Stat wise does a WS 6 S8 T7 W5 I5 A5 Sv 3+ creature really scare you that much? Especially when it costs more than a land raider? And you can shoot at it while its in combat. The Trygon is hardly strong. I've played it in normal 40k games before and it was hardly a game changer. Infact I severely weakened my list just to fit it in.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Custodian View Post
    Hmmm, ok heres the deal guys...

That list is fake, its a pure wishlist thats been debunked by Brimstone at Warseer, actually its one of the reasons the Nid Rumour thread was closed (among other things).

Current info points that while the Trygon will be made in plastic it actually may not be in the dex. The hierodule and Exocrine are definatly not in.

As for those of you thinking the trygon is over the top... I recently started a Space Marine army and built myself a drop pod. ITS THE SAME BLOODY SIZE AS A TRYGON! (I have a trygon also)

Stat wise does a WS 6 S8 T7 W5 I5 A5 Sv 3+ creature really scare you that much? Especially when it costs more than a land raider? And you can shoot at it while its in combat. The Trygon is hardly strong. I've played it in normal 40k games before and it was hardly a game changer. Infact I severely weakened my list just to fit it in.
    I though some of the stuff sounded fishy.

Yeah, you can make a Carnifex just about as tough as the Trygon (T 7, W5, 3+ Sv), for about somewhere around the cost of a Land Raider. So long as it's appropriately priced, it isn't too bad.

Occuli Imperator

I think I can speak for most people (Except a certain SoB player maybe) when I say that we don't mind if something is powerful... it is all just relative to the points cost.

Duke

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast