BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Deej View Post
    Apologies for the n00b question, but is a black box the advance copies the stores get?
    It's a perfectly reasonable question. But yes, the "black box" is advance sprues.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

And now for a really noobish question: What's an FLGS? Fairly Local Game Shop?

Chapter-Master

Close. Friendly local gaming store.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Sergeant

As a more Eldar-Marines/Wolves-Guard player I have a really bad feeling about the new nids

Chaplain

Some newer rumors are poppingn as a result of distributors talking to GW sales reps/etc.

That I've heard, mostly on warseer ... please forgive the lack of credit, but check the nid mark 3 rumor thread there, these are not from me.

- Broodlord NOT an HQ selection, but an upgrade for Genestealer squads; genes are either troops, or buying a broodlord makes them troops; generally, the rumor mill has one point that says Broodlord is an upgrade to a troop unit, and Genestealers are elites, but Broodlord makes them troops; these combined seem to imply that you buy genestealers as elites, but if you upgrade one of them to a Broodlord, they become a Troop unit
    - Zoanthropes moved to Elite
    - Fexes indeed in 1-3 / heavy support slot
    - Raveners buffed to be more appealing/reliable
    - Warriors to gain +1 wound/save possibly, and are definitely available as Troops
    - Tyrants may be the only standard HQ choice (perhaps other options in the special character department?)
    - Termagant and Hormagaunt boxes have 12 models supposedly, not 8, for $24
    - Some commentary pointing at Fast Attack Trygons, but I don't know that this is actually true; if it is, would be possible to field a 14 MC list legally force org wise
    - No more 0-1 choices for any units in the dex (aside from possible uniques)
    - Death Leaper, Red Terror are in (typo possibly, but rumor originally said Death Leapers plural ... doubtful that was intentional)
    - Trygon kit allows 3 different units / variants, including the already mentioned Mawloch

The Dark Mechanic

>> Broodlord NOT an HQ selection, but an upgrade for Genestealer squad

So, does that mean players may have more than one Broodlord, one for each Genestealer brood, or is it a unique unit upgrade like Sgt. Telion for example?
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Chaplain

No idea, that's been talked about various spots; I could see it both ways.

My own PURE SPECULATION is based on a conglomeration of rumors ...

Earlier, someone dropped hints on warseer that there might be a way to get a squad to be able to consolidate into new combats, but that it would be super expensive to do so across the entire army.

That, coupled w/ the newer Broodlord rumors, leads me to SPECULATE that the Broodlord grants genestealers the ability to consolidate from combat to combat, and makes them troops. I could see them not being UNIQUE, and so being able to field super expensive troops genestealer squads all w/ the capacity to go from combat to combat (this would NOT be competitive, though, for obvious points reasons, I would wager).

That's my $.02, but there's no confirmation even that they are a squad upgrade ... it's just the rumor at present.

I have reason to believe that the Tyranids will also be getting a heirodule in their codex, I know it's a shot in the dark, but the post for today on GW's homepage on the US site had the "New Armys" segment and there was a Tyranid army described as having "one of everything in the Tyranid codex", now I am not sure if this is a tease, a mistake made by GW, or the plausable truth, but who knows, maybe the Trygon was just a piece of meat GW was hanging over us.

Chaplain

Venn Diagrams are for the win. He could have had every single model in the current codex, and a baneblade, and they still could have said "has at least one of every model in codex." It would not have meant a baneblade was in the codex.

I said this because of the fact that it specifies the Tyranid codex, and nor did I say it was a sure thing. It is only a possibility. I adknowledge the fact GW could be using word-play to play with our minds. It's just a rumor/thought.

Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast