BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Majorcrash View Post
    So now I have a reason to build six Punishers.. Yea
    Better make it 9, you'll only get one round of shooting before the swarm will be on you. Hopefully, with a few hundred attacks, a few handful may be rending, at least a few will glance. Maybe gaunts can get melta-spit and have a chance against Russ and LR.

Yay, I can pack up my Chaos army for the forseeable future.

I so tire of the Lash Legion.

Chaplain

Play them as Wolves. Unless they're Alphas. Then, play them as DH.
    Opinions are like aresholes. Get yours outta my face.. MindWar FTW. Bald and Screaming. Couple others...;) Learn something.

Chaplain

The gaunt thing is kinda pissing me off.

It is awesome that the nids will be more true to life, but... as someone who plays a low model count army, the codex creep is really hurting me a lot. The "elite" armies aren't getting any better relative to these horde armies being able to field 300% more bodies.

www.evildice40k.com

Ahhh...

Can you feel the call of the swarm?
    The Voidsong is resonating through my very soul...

About the gaunt pts decrease (see previous thread), it is true that the nid army looks... unbeatable... just like any other recent codex armies!!

just take a look for example:

-The Salamander Forge Master beam?? ... let it just hang at the corner of your deployment and let those templates fall... OP

-The bane wolf... can't think of any better troop destroyer!!...12'' Range template wound on 2+ AP 3 .... hum... OP!

I haven't seen Space wolves in action yet... but... seriously... they look a bit overthe top...

... .... ... ... ... ... ...

So many units are buffed up... just hope it doesn't get... too crazy!

oh... btw... those unit buff are one of the best way to keep people buying GW products... and just think how much MORE gaunts you'll need for a battle... and how much $ you'll have to spend!

Veteran-Sergeant

The rumors about 3 point Gaunts just seem... wrong. Three freaking points? That's a Grot for God's sake, and we all know that a Gaunt is far more dangerous than a Grot. I wouldn't expect to see Gaunts any cheaper than five points per model.

you guys complaining like the sky is falling about 3 point gaunst obviously dont play nids.

thats for the body without a weapon. nowadays the gaunt body is 4 points so its only a 1 point decrease. add the one usefull weapon and it costs 2 points so you'd get a 5point gaunt (like a guardsman). if you take the "i cannot kill anything but have to be baught" 1 point weapon you are 4 points.

Any rumors some of the 'new' species might be the old tyrannid vehicles from epic? IE. the exocrine and similiar

Armorcast made a couple of them in resin many years ago for 40k scale, and while some may not like them I feel they fit a certai niche in the army. I mean, if we can have Bio titans the size of reavers with legs as thick as a grot to hold them up, why not a big slug that 'spits' anti tank rounds?

Chaplain

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Katie Drake View Post
    The rumors about 3 point Gaunts just seem... wrong. Three freaking points? That's a Grot for God's sake, and we all know that a Gaunt is far more dangerous than a Grot. I wouldn't expect to see Gaunts any cheaper than five points per model.
    Sorry, Katie. 3 points for a Gaunt is EXACTLY correct. In fairness, I said a month ago to stock up... :P
    Opinions are like aresholes. Get yours outta my face.. MindWar FTW. Bald and Screaming. Couple others...;) Learn something.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
    Sorry, Katie. 3 points for a Gaunt is EXACTLY correct. In fairness, I said a month ago to stock up... :P
    Okay, I'll bite. Is it 3 points including any sort of equipment, or is it 3 points without a gun of any kind? I've heard that you don't get a gun with it, but I'd like to hear it from you, if you don't mind.

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast