BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Alpha Legion Operative

Default Design Studio Open Day

The Design Studio Open Day write up has now been updated:

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=2200008&aId=20900013a[/url]

Its now referred to as a Warhammer 40,000 Open Day.

In particular;

"* Meet the team that designed Warhammer 40,000, from Artists to Sculptors, they will all be there to answer your questions and show off their talents.

* Join in Warhammer 40,000 seminars where you can find out the thoughts behind the design choices of the game and the miniatures.

* See fantastic displays of the contents of Warhammer 40,000 rulebooks past and present."

Other things of interest:

"* Red vs Blue - a vicious contest between Crimson Fists and Chaos Space Marines!

* Dogfighting - a participation game using an immense number of flyers, take on the Miniatures Designers and the Games Developers in the skies!

* Psyker Duels - fight out bloody battles against the Games Developers using only your mind!"

That has a few implications as to what might be coming in the new edition.

Also, interestingly, the "Warhammer 40,000 Cataclysm" event set for the next day is still using the standard Force Organisation Charts...

Occuli Imperator

It does seem to suggest some show casing of the new (most changed) areas...

Chapter-Master

For £15? Hmmm I can kinda understand that. There is deffinitely a lot more content than at the FW open day. The professional photo set up sounds interesting as well, but only assuming I get to keep copies of the pics lol.

If I do go, I'd deffinitely be up for running a similar thing as I did for the FW open day and take a note book with everyone's questions who can't go. That is a BIG IF though.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Librarian

Have got tickets for both Open day and Cataclysm. Hopefully get some practice in for Throne Of Skulls the following weekend.
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.