BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Default 40k vs. WFB or Paul vs. John

Why are Fantasy players like John Lennon fans? Seriously, most McCartney fans have no ill will towards Lennon . But it seems John enthusiasts despise Paul. And, I see a parallel with GW gamers. 40k players seem to be at worst disinterested in WFB. The Fantasy folks have such an air of condescencion and arrogance as they push their lazy trays around (sarcasm). In particular, they see the upcoming 6th Edition rulebook for 40k to be their victory. What's up with all the hate fantasy players? You don't like "Hey Jude" that's fine. You can always go off and hum "All you need is love" if you need something more serious and meaningful.

Hm... Im a huge John Lennon fan, but I've never hated Paul... either way, I guess the main point is the attitude of WFB players vs 40k players and vice versa. I haven't really talked to many WFB players (the local fantasy scene is nearly nonexistant) but I don't really care either way about WFB. I just don't want 6th to be too much like fantasy. But if I had to guess, Id say that more kids are 40k players the WFB players.

I was probably being a bit sarcastic. It's not like there have been any rumbles or anything. Soc's vs. the Greasers!

In my personal experience it is the other way around, 40k players can get very condescending about why people would want to play 'another fantasy game' and whatnot. It is just another exampel of idioti nerd partisanship, I love both. I also love Star Wars AND Star Trek, which is anotehr exampel of silly partisanship.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I also love Star Wars AND Star Trek, which is anotehr exampel of silly partisanship.[/QUOTE]

Hey, Star Wars is cool. It's those upstart BSG punks that I can't stand. ;-)

I, for one, haven't seen any hate like this at my local GW. We're all pretty chilled out with what 6th will bring, and we welcome our new alien overlords.

So long as Ward doesn't write the backstory. (especially for the Raven Guard or Sisters of Battle)
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Paul and john are both overated mediocre "musicians".

I'll watch ST but SW is better if you ignore the prequels...

I don't understand why there'd be a big fuss about which version of warhammer you play

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

It is all down to how we associate and interact within group situations.
    We subdivide the group down into smaller and smaller groups.
    Think an example of people who like music.
    You then have this group divided into types, imagine one group "Rockers" who are fairly unified when talking to other top level groups, but when they interact within the Rocker group they then split and subdivide the music genre again, these groups are fairly unified when talking to other 2nd level groups but then split and divide when around others of their group and so it continues.
    The same can be said for wargamers, or football fans or bread

I love bread.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

mmmmm bread, now I want toast....

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast