BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Andy Chambers behind 6th Edition?

I was reading somewhere on the interwebs that some of 6th Edition was Andy Chambers concepts for 5th Edition. The whole over watch and reacting to charges was something he wanted to do in 4th/5th, but was told he couldn't, so he left and did it in Star Ship Troopers instead. Does anyone know anything about this?
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

I really doubt it, Mr Chambers is only working for Black Library now and Chambers ideas were for 4th edition not 5th. It seems like another fanboy wishlist rumour.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Smells like sour beef to me.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Scout

A lot of those "andy chambers" ideas people kept saying were going to crop up in 40k actually showed up in Dust Warfare. (but he is actually a writer for that so it makes sense.)

The Andy Chambers-6th ed. claims discussed on other forms referred to the leaked pdf '6th ed' rule set (which supposedly bear a striking resemblance to a Dust rule set Chambers is involved in)

The story goes that Chambers wanted to implement changes as presented in the pdf leak for 40k back in 4th, GW corporate said no, then Chambers left GW.

This seems plausible, since Chambers seems to prefer more 'streamlined' game mechanics (eg. Epic 40k 3rd)
    Last edited by westside; 05-30-2012 at 06:07 AM.

Yes, but GW reviving the Chambers Manifesto two editions after he left for a radically changed game just smacks of fanboi wishlisting. The moment someone at GW leaves they become some kind of divine arbiter of all that is good and holy in tabletop gaming, and their return will usher in a golden age for us all, an untold bounty of balanced, fun gaming and hugs.
    Every few months some rumour will pop up relating to the mythic changes Chambers had in mind for 4th, hell we even get rumours of forthcoming codices written by people who have left GW and the 'rumourmonger' didn't realise. Those ones are easy to spot.

I'm not saying we won't see radical change and perhaps streamlining in 6th edition, but it won't have anything to do with Chambers as he hasn't worked in GW development for quite a few years and the changes he proposed for 4th are long obsolete. UNLESS something sneaky is going on and he is working in development again and they are keeping it secret, which is just pure speculation.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Iron Father

I hope it's Matt Ward
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    I hope it's Matt Ward
    Seconded. SECONDED SO MUCH.

He better not write the background.

I wouldn't object, he actually did an extremely good job with 8th edition BRB, despite what some people like to claim about 8th being a disaster.

But he wrote Khornate Grey Knights, KHORNATE GREY KNIGHTS.

Plus, I'm pretty sure that he's single-handedly responsible for the near-extinction of the Raven Guard and the Sisters of Battle.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast