BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1130 of 1135 FirstFirst ... 13063010301080112011281129113011311132 ... LastLast
Results 11,291 to 11,300 of 11350

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    so i leave for like 6 months and when i get back into 40k you all close the damn thread.

as one of the oldest members here (as in old account) IM DISSAPOINTED IN YOU BIGRED /GOATBOY

grrrrrrrrrr.

oh well feck this this fourms been going downhilll.
    Boy, that escalated quickly...

P.S. How do you attach a image so it shows rather than a link?

Chapter-Master

and page 130 i think
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyban View Post
    Boy, that escalated quickly...

P.S. How do you attach a image so it shows rather than a link?
    Do it properly:
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

And a green one!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

So,Mr Mystery, are you going to keep posting "And a green one!" in hopes of being the last poster?

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Do it properly:
    I was trying to, hence the P.S.

So, going to actually try have some conversation in the thread's last few hours ...

I realised, a few weeks ago, (while filling out a form in hospital) that, although I'm a practicing Pagan, I'm also still an Atheist.

I was doing a bit of reading on the web on the subject, and it seems to be not uncommon.

Any thoughts/feelings/questions?

Depressing fact: the number of people who post questions on sites like yahoo answers asking "What's the difference between a Pagan and an Atheist?" (without meaning to be trolls) is greater than zero. Actually seems to be a fairly common question, actually.

A lot of people seem to relate to paganism more easily than modern religions. I don't know what branch you follow but I have some friends who are Greco-Roman pagans and also atheists. They can relate to anthropomorphised aspects of nature and psychology more than some kind of abstract udeo Christian omnipotent deity. I mean you can say that Poseidon/Neptune exists when he is just the personification of the sea because seas exist and that by making offerings to placate him you are putting yourself in a better frame of mind which in turn affects your actions etc.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I certainly believe in the four elements. Having trained in martial arts, you can feel the energy of the different elements in different techniques.

As for gods, I'm very sure that man creates gods, not the other way around. That is there all as true and as false as each other, pick some (or one, if you're like that) that you like and go with it. But to believe that any god is actually (capital-T) true seems pretty silly to me. Lots of people throughout history have been convinced too, and they can't all be right.

But I may just have read too much of the Principia Discordia when I was a teenager ...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris*ta View Post
    *Snip*
    The problem is both are rather poorly defined and rather vague. Atheism is the rejection of belief in deities, which have various definitions. Paganism covers basically anything that isn't monotheism, which could include atheism.