BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 40k major tournaments, which ones?

You know in golf or tennis, there are major events. Like in golf there is the masters, us open, the open, and the pga championship. What is 40k, or wargamming in general, major championships. What would be the world majors, and what would be united states' majors?

So far my list is Adepticon, NOVA, wargamescon, feast of blades, and bay area open. What do you guys think? I'm going to try and hit all of these events next year.
    Last edited by planet psyrum; 05-31-2012 at 12:02 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

Da boyz gt!!!

Chapter-Master

Sounds like a lot of unneccesary travel expense.....

But those sound like the major ones to me.

www.queencityguard.com

Ok, let's drop the bay area open and put in da boyz. And because feast of blades is an invitational, that will be like the players championship.

So the majors would be:

Adepticon
    Da boyz
    NOVA
    Wargamescon

I think Feast of Blades has an open tourny in addition to the invitational.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Kenaris View Post
    I think Feast of Blades has an open tourny in addition to the invitational.
    They do, but the invitational is the main event.

Veteran-Sergeant

Da Boyz is a great GT i try and make it every year but its also only a hour or so drive from Buffalo, NY to Rochester ,NY where the GT is... great tables, terrain, people, decent size (40k is 120 players this year), its $60 for the 40k GT but the prize support is great and prizes go DEEP, and the university of Rochester location is pretty nice

do you mean attending this year or 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistermind View Post
    Da Boyz is a great GT i try and make it every year but its also only a hour or so drive from Buffalo, NY to Rochester ,NY where the GT is... great tables, terrain, people, decent size (40k is 120 players this year), its $60 for the 40k GT but the prize support is great and prizes go DEEP, and the university of Rochester location is pretty nice

do you mean attending this year or 2013?
    I am attending 3/4 next year, but would like to throw in wargamescon, to complete the circuit. I am attending NOVA and da boyz this year.

My goal is to finish in the top 25 in one of the major tournaments next year.