BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Space Hulk

Brother-Sergeant

Default Space Hulk

So when I was a kid, me and my buddy played the crap out of his copy of space hulk vengeance of the blood angels. I've been all over the net looking for a way to download this game, but there doesn't seem to be any legitimate place to do it. Anybody into this old stuff?

Veteran-Sergeant

Used copies on Amazon for <$20. I'd bet you can pick up a PS1 or PSX for about the same price.

Occuli Imperator

That was a brilliant game
    First GW pc game I played.
    I wonder if it has become abandonware

Chapter-Master

I think I might have to pick this up for the saturn...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Its available for PSX, PC and 3D0 at eBay:
    [URL="http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=9&pub=5574650203&toolid=10001&campid=53 36384267&customid=&icep_uq=space+hulk+vengeance+bl ood+angels&icep_sellerId=&icep_ex_kw=&icep_sortBy= 12&icep_catId=&icep_minPrice=&icep_maxPrice=&ipn=p smain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw =lg"]Space Hulk: Vengance of the Blood Angels[/URL]

Great game. I played many hours of this on PS1. I think my favorite thing about it was the voices where they would say a phrase, pause slightly, and then insert the name of the character. I still quote this game whenever I play wih terminators.

"I can smell them..."

"Ezekiel, behind you!"

"My Bolter is jammed! AAaaahhhh!"

I played a good Space Hulk mod for Dawn of War a few years back. You are fighting against deamons instead of tyranids, but it had some great missions and followed all the spacehulk rules for corridor fighting and overwatch that we all know and love.