BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 3rd Party Model for Vect?

I don't want to use just a converted Archon and I've looked over the Dark Elf range and didn't find anything appealing. Anyone seen any good 3rd party dark elf/eldar type models that would be good for the Lord of the Dark City?

Veteran-Sergeant

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vect1.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	178.1 KB 
ID:	2094

Name:	Vect3.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	142.9 KB 
ID:	2095

Brother-Captain

Check out the Warlord line from Reaper. They have a ton of fantasy Dark Elf characters that are fantastic.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by HarlekissofDeath View Post

Name:	Vect1.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	178.1 KB 
ID:	2094

Name:	Vect3.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	142.9 KB 
ID:	2095
    damn, thats a nice conversion, almost makes me wanna do it too, i have ideas that i would do a little different though but yeah thats great

Harle that looks really slick. I'd still prefer to a non-Archon based model, but that really does look amazing. What did you do for the orbs exactly, and the head of the scepter?

Librarian

orbs look to either be GS rolled into a ball, or bits of the WH empire wizard kit (or variants of) as for the sceptre it looks like the ball is off the3 celestial wizard staff and knives or blades from DE kits.

when i get moved i am so gonna give this a go, just magnetise the arms so i can have a dias and foot mounted vect

Veteran-Sergeant

They are actually the ball joints on various pieces of the talos/cronos kit. I cut them off and filed them to orbs, the blades around the sceptre are from the reaver jet bike kit, and I used the other ball joints from the talos/cronos kit for the orbs in his other hand, and just greenstuffed the flames.
    I took a pilot's head from the raider kit for his head, and I cut off the top piece and hair from the archon kit, and then used greenstuff ot fill in the gap from the helmet by making more hair.