BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Dust Demo Table for WargamesCon 2012

Hey folks, I though I would post some progress shots of the North Africa/Tunisia themed table, currently under costruction for the Dust Warfare Demo at this years WargamesCon. I'll keep it updated as I progress, and maybe add some earlier shots as well.

If you want to see it in person, you'll have to come to Austin, Tx for WargamesCon 2012 this June 21st-24th.

Enjoy.

Here are a few details pics I grabbed today when I came to visit the table.

Awesome work, glad to see Dust now has its own section in the forums too! got to get some of my photos up here now!
    Ahhh- I might be having a heart attack!! I am over weight, over fifty and I am speedballing tranq darts and pure adrenaline!!

How long before we can see more progress shots of this table. It already looks amazing, I can't wait to see more.

McCragge
    www.deadlands3000.com - A Retro style MMORPG set in a Post Apocalyptic wasteland, as close as you will get to Necromunda in a browser game.

Initiate

Nice looking table so far. Are the buildings constructed of foam core?

Yes, the black ones are, with some insulation foam used for staircases on the side.

will it be done in time?!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by mccragge View Post
    How long before we can see more progress shots of this table. It already looks amazing, I can't wait to see more.

McCragge
    Soon, Probably this weekend. Its just been so incremental it wouldn't have been very impressive to show it - it wouldn't look much different till the paint and stuff starts coming together.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Feldwebel_Francis View Post
    Nice looking table so far. Are the buildings constructed of foam core?
    Yes, kind of. Its a type of foam-core called gator board. Its much stronger and cuts nicer. Also it resists the moisture of paint and plaster and what not - unlike regular foam core.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by KINGS View Post
    will it be done in time?!
    It will definitely be playable. I am sure I will be adding little things long after WGC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast