BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

And to be honest, Witt, the whole "start with the base model" thing is up for grabs. I have a pair of mercenary Renegade warjacks that actually used a Cygnar Lancer jack as the main base for the model. I have played in multiple tournaments, including a few Gencon ones, and have never had them refused.

Its written into the conversion rules themselves that TO's can always allow any conversion they see. Bottom line, at the end of the day TO's are gamers like us. They will allow almost anything as long as its not TOTALLY out in left field.

Chapter-Master

So if I sculpt a fine coonskin hat on my extra skinner dude, he should be okay? I'd really prefer do that than cut up the metal model.

Also, back to Mountain King--I noticed he's $10 less than the Stormwall. Anyone know any reasons? Presumably it's because he doesn't come with the lightning pods, but I could have sworn he looked larger than the Stormwall at Adepticon.

www.queencityguard.com

Yep I would be shocked if coonskin hat guy was rejected from a tournament setting since it should be super obvious what he represents.

If you REALLY want to be absolutely sure if he will be accepted at a tournament you can do what I do - snap a photo of the model with my phone and email it to the TO, and simply ask. That way you can be sure before you attend the event and either change lists or not go. But really a conversion like you describe should pass at any event.

The written conversion rules are used more as an "out" to allow TO's to eliminate truly outlandish and innapropriate stuff ("see this Strawberry Shortcake doll? That's actually the Deathjack!!"). Nobody really minds fun conversions that embrace the fluff and setting. I suppose its possible to find a tournament run by someone who is a really REALLY pedantic rules stickler, but I personally have never found one. I don't believe that sort of behavior is really encouraged by the other members of the Press Gang.
    Last edited by mikethefish; 06-11-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123