BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Librarian

Dark Eldar Voidraven. Load up with Monscythe (S6 AP5 Large Blast) missiles, find a target bubble wrapping their tanks with infantry against my Haywire Grenades, and fire all the missiles at the tank along with the two lances. The missiles are placed at the tank edge so as to maximize the number of infantry models they hit. In addition to causing numerous infantry casualties, I often kill the tank. I've killed tanks and wiped out whole infantry units simultaneously with this tactic. Pretty soon, my opponents are leaving their tanks exposed for my Haywire, sometimes allowing me to surround and kill everyone inside their transports by blocking the exits.

Battle-Brother

I'm a Tau player and for heavy support I run 2-3 teams of broadsides. Group of 3 w/ shield drones and target locks bubble wrapped by kroot in the rear of my deployment. With a little help from tetras markerlighting units to up bs or removing cover...game over for any armor.

tau: hammerheads (the new rules for the FW plasma look dead sexy) or; DE: ravagers that I can plop right behind a psyfleman. (surprise!!) three lances in the back gets me a nice boom.

tetras? I tried those guys out under the old rules. they were such a nuisance to my opponent and such fun for me. So when 6th hits, i'm going to try them out again using the new rules, with the required upgrade to make my opponent cry. Cover? nope. Armor? how do you like a seeker to the face? ballistic skill? every one is now at six. including that hammerhead that's staring at you.
    Last edited by Uncle Nutsy; 06-16-2012 at 12:28 AM.

Battle-Brother

For my Mantis Warriors : Vindcator
    Tactic : none , just seek out the largest concentration of GK terminators and hit them

Blood angels : Cybot with assault Cannon ,
    Tactic : in combination with a stormraven , get him where he is needed and let him go

Chaos : Predator tl. Las , las - sponsons
    tactic : just shoot , he rarely brings down less than his point value

One of my favorite HS options to run for Eldar is a squad of Dark Reapers with Tempest Launcher and Crackshot. Especially with a Guideseer nearby, the Exarch alone can wipe a squad of power armor every round. It's expensive (especially if you include a Farseer), and it's not a very effective unit against mech spam, but it's just one of those things when it lines up and you get a single model wiping out a whole unit of space marines every turn, it's an awful lot of fun.

Brother-Sergeant

For my IG, I have become a real fan of my Hydra squadron. Transports just can't stand up to them, much less stay out of range. Combine them with a LR with Pask and an Executioner with plasma sponsons and people don't like being on the receiving end of that firepower.

Combine all that with two Vendettas flying around overhead and tanks and infantry tend to die.

Manticore
    Psyfleman or dreadknight with porter, heavy incinerator and sword, (watch as it wrecks)

Chapter-Master

My favourite overall is the Defiler - I only have one for my Thousand Sons but it never disappoints. No-one else in the store aside from the store owners even owns one as far as I am aware, but everyone I face off against knows how devastating they are. Whether it dies in the first turn from a single missile-launcher, it blows up a squad in the open with its battle cannon, or it fleets and rips apart a tank or a squad that can't hurt it, this baby never fails me.

Case in point; in one of my first games, I faced off against a dual land-raider Black Templar list at 1500 points. Even though my Thousand Sons army as a whole lacked real anti-tank, especially in terms of dealing with Land Raiders, my Defiler strode up the field and munched a Land Raider after sitting back as my artillery. His Emperor's Champion and squad in the LR split off from each other - the Champ charged me from behind, forgetting I was a walker and that it made no difference. It was hilarious watching him do nothing against my Defiler - he stunned it but of course with daemonic possession I ignored it - and then chomping him. My Defiler killed around 500 points in that game - one that ended up as a draw.

Librarian

Eldar: Night Spinner, Night Spinner, and 3 WarWalkers with Guideseer

Our gaming groups dreads my Night Spinners. Huge Range, twin linked, S6 rending and the difficult/dangerous terrain markers make them deadly on horde armies. But don't discount the rending on Space Marines.

Vs Dark Eldar the 3 WarWalkers with dual Scatter lasers puts out 24 S6 36" shots/turn. Add the guideseer and down goes Raiders.

First-Captain

Picking my tau army back up, and the changes to stealth generators, I think sniper drones (Even though they still don't have any of the rules for snipers like pick out the person you want to wound) will worm a way into my heart.

It frees my plasma suits up to deal with terminators.
    For the Greater good.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast