BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Skype Roleplaying

Hey everyone,

I've heard of an interesting concept referring to the thread title, Skype Roleplaying, I just have a question for anyone who's done it as to how it's supposed to work? How do people not cheat?

I ask because I'd potentially like to set something up this way when I am all set up in my new place.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Banned

Most common thing is to use an in-chat dice roller (some RPG IRC channels have them), have the GM do all the rolling, or [URL="http://roll20.net/"]a virtual tabletop environment[/URL].
    Most groups I've seen use chat windows on top of the skype to send private messages as well.

Ah, thank you, that's very helpful.

I'll have a look into sorting something out...

Librarian

i would definitely be interested in being involved!
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

You'd be first on the list bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Hey everyone,

I've heard of an interesting concept referring to the thread title, Skype Roleplaying, I just have a question for anyone who's done it as to how it's supposed to work? How do people not cheat?

I ask because I'd potentially like to set something up this way when I am all set up in my new place.
    I'm currently participating in an Only War campaign via skype, and it's doing very well. In fact, it runs better than tabletop roleplaying.

As for cheating, we just have an honesty-based system. So far it's doing well.
    Dark Eldar 4000pts, Eldar 2000pts, Dark Angels 2500pts, Tau 2000pts.

Oh, cool! Only War looks quite good.

I may do it, I may not. Depends if I can get the interest.

I've had good success using roll20.net for online roleplaying.

I'll have a gander at that tonight after work. Thanks for the suggestion.

Just for everyone's FYI, the greatest RPG you can play via Skype is Paranoia. Ichat systems and quick and invisible notes make it absolutely hysterical. I had a TPK before we got to the briefing room because of the shenanigans. It was glorious and bloody.
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast