BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Fantomex, that sounds interesting, any room for a guy one night during DH? Just to see how it's done??
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by L192837465 View Post
    Using the "straight" rules recommendation in the book makes it a bit more satirical without being cartoonish, but simultaneously way more boring.
    ZAP is the way to play though. And hand out perversity points like they're free. You REALLY see player interaction.
    Huh. I'm pretty sure that a) you're playing 2nd edition and b) 2nd edition is way more different than I thought.

I recall the rules working as follows:
    1. Tell the GM what you want to do
    2. Roll a d20
    3. The GM tells you you've failed

Quote Originally Posted by Chris*ta View Post
    Huh. I'm pretty sure that a) you're playing 2nd edition and b) 2nd edition is way more different than I thought.

I recall the rules working as follows:
    1. Tell the GM what you want to do
    2. Roll a d20
    3. The GM tells you you've failed
    That's the basis of it still (technically fifth edition?). Streamlined though, and a bit more intuitive for on the spot decisions for the DM. And a good Paranoia DM should always allow the Troubleshooters to also succeed an action so magnificently they could have only done it by means of treason...

Player: I shoot that guy 100 yards away!
    DM: Roll it
    Player: *Rolls a 1* I succeed a lot
    DM: The guys head explodes, the bolt ricocheting off his vaporizing skull to detonate the grenades on his belt. The blast ruptures the oxygen lines on the wall and a fireball is hurled through the piping and hallway at a few hundred miles per hour. The doors on either side of the hall automatically shut, trapping the fire. It is now several hundred degrees and heating, plus your oxygen levels are all dropping. Violence checks to make any action, and you're all maimed. Also, your clothes burst into flames.

I love Paranoia.
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

I believe the GM must allow the players to succeed at any action in such an extreme way that they end up killing themselves. Regardless of rolls

Also, your description left out a comment about how they'll get in trouble for damaging the experimental equipment they're field-testing by exposing it to fire

Quote Originally Posted by Chris*ta View Post
    I believe the GM must allow the players to succeed at any action in such an extreme way that they end up killing themselves. Regardless of rolls

Also, your description left out a comment about how they'll get in trouble for damaging the experimental equipment they're field-testing by exposing it to fire
    I won't have to. Their clones are going to have to find a way to get into a hermetically sealed corridor that's several hundred degrees to retrieve those items. I'd say job well done by the GM, that's at LEAST 36 clones of hilarity's worth of action. Especially when their secret societies are telling them to destroy a bot that's inside the fire while all the camera equipment is still operating.

Yeah. Paranoia is the greatest.

STOP GOING ON ABOUT FREAKIN' PARANOIA?!?!
    Gah!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    STOP GOING ON ABOUT FREAKIN' PARANOIA?!?!
    Gah!?!
    You're just bitter because you want to play it now.

It's ok. I forgive you.

Maybe I do...

YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!

Veteran-Sergeant

@TDA, indeed, I dare say it's a few weeks til we next get in on it again, got a long WHW weekend next week and I'm frantically trying to build a whole army (literally, most of 2000pts of Iron Hands, unassembled and unsprayed)

If you're up for seeing how it normally gets done, I can always get on in the evening any day of the week?
    ARMIES: IRON HANDS, NIGHT LORDS, OGRE KINGDOMS

It's okay, I'll wait until you're in session.
    No need to make special exceptions for me.

Also, 2k of Iron Hands to build? Sounds impressive.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast