BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Craftworld or Corsair? THIS is the question

Good afternoon,

So yeah, I couldn't be arsed with Dark Eldar, too many conflicting choices.
    I decided that their non-sadistic cousins would better suit my desire to paint a nice, bright, colour scheme on a good range of models.

So what I'm going with is, mainly white armour (as seen in white dwarf) and dark blue as a secondary colour (swap it over on tanks). Kind of a Pre-Heresy World Eater-esque colour scheme if I think about it.

If I go with Craftworld then the name will be Xianxi-Ail (shawn-see aye-eel), can't think of a Piratical name for the Corsairs as of yet.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Personally, I am really intrigued by Corsairs. Unfortunately, I have not had a chance to get my hands on the IA for the rules as of yet. I think going Corsairs would give you the opportunity to field a fairly unique army.

I do have IA11 at home. I had written a list from it ages ago but it didn't seem that original to me, I'll have another look at it tonight.

I was referred to this thread, check it out for some good information on Corsairs.
    [url]http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/441824.page#4154604[/url]

Gah, can't get on DakkaDakka at work. I'll have to have a look at it on the weekend.
    Thanks for the link though, appreciate it.

I would go corsair, the rules for them is pretty sweet. venoms? check jump pack equipped troops? check awesome new units? check can take a unit from eaither the craftworld or the dark codex? check

do corsair think of all the modeling options you can do

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub View Post
    check can take a unit from eaither the craftworld or the dark codex? check
    That would automatically be Striking Scorpions!

Chapter-Master

I like Corsairs. I even wrote a review of the army that made it to the front page.

But their only problem is their best ukits (hornets, warp hunters, wasps, nightwings & phoenixes are all usable in a craftworld army. And craftworlders have better HQs, elites and troops options.

Corsairs can give you lots of falcons. Or lots of fast jetpack infantry with heavy weapons. But craftworlders, despite their age are better, particularly as I said with the best bits from the armies that can be shared.

IM currently using a craftworld army with the named Farseer from IA11, 2 warp hunters, a wraithseer, 2 wraithlords and 3 hornets. And it works a treat.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

That named Farseer is a douche, I must admit. 4 Heavy Support and no repercussions? He's more of a d!ck than [URL="http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Eldrad"]Eldrad[/URL].

I posed myself the same question!

I concluded that I wanted both. Flexible units that could cross over both dexes. My issue with Corsairs is that I had a lot of local tourney organizers tell me I couldn't use the dex for competitive play.

Also want to see what 6th rolls out. I already have Dark Eldar, and they are a ton of fun. Their craftworld kin just need a new dex.
    Gamer • Painter • Designer • Englishman
    http://levitas-master-artificer.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast