BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

There is no doubt that FW could make a lot of beautiful stuff, but one of the problem is how it relates back to the main game. Horus, the Emperor, the other Primarchs, Sisters of Silence and Custodes will all be useless for regular 40k. They either don't exist anymore (SoS, Primarchs) or don't fulfill battlefield roles (Custodes). Not to mention a Primarch would be obscenely powerful, basically a Reaver titan on a small base something that has no answer for any other race. So you either end up with what would effectively be a new game system (30k) or you introduce a real mess into 40k.

Also, not a huge amount of Xenos in the Heresy, Fulgrim had a lot of run ins with the Eldar but that was prior to the start of the first book in the series, which is the pyrrhic victory on Isstvan III.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Im kn your boat here, less marines and more xenos is good and it really would mess up the game

But its understandable they consider it. After all every Q&A session without fail FW gets the same 3 questions:
    -are you going to do Ad Mech?
    - are you going to do pre heresy
    and Are you going to make Primarches

So it would sell. And hell i'd even do it just to stop people asking those damn questions

Also annoys me on the level of what i want. Marines get new stuff EVERY book (some more than others). Tjey grt conversion kits and bits constantly. Xenos get nothing between launches. Eldar just got a book and models. BRILLIANT. But they wont get anything now umtil their next book in 10 years time
    Last edited by DrLove42; 06-08-2012 at 05:52 AM.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

I just want an opened top Rhino for the Space Wolves! And for GW to recognize the Praetorians again! That's all......and 1 billion dolars........and world peace. That's not to much to ask for is it?
    http://crazyredpraetorian.blogspot.com/
    http://theflylordsofterra.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

I think it will be bad thing. I agree with all the points made so far and I'd like to add that I think it would have a serious impact on the range they already do. Unless they are hiring more staff, they risk taking on too many projects and other suffering. As EG has mentioned, I don't see this working with 40k so they will need a new ruleset or loads of models to let you play with 40k rules but using only 30k models. How are they going to continue supporting 40K with this competing for resources and customers? What they should do is look at well Warhammer Forge is running and adopt that model for their 40k releases, supporting a variety of armies, rather than just churning out more Imperial stuff.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    It is called IMPERIAL Armour after all.
    I still say they should have called IA:8 Armour of Gork (or possibly Mork) vol 1.

I love the IA series, but it does feel like they sometimes just stick marines in there because they have to, not because it makes any sense in the context of the story (IA3, 4 & 11 especially). Hell, I'm a Marine player and I'm sick of seeing them!

Don't really see what a Horus Heresy series could add that they couldn't quasi-do anyway. They've added Contemptor Dreads, Rapiers, Graviton Guns, Conversion Beamers, Land Raider varients etc... aside from new scuplts (which are independent as shown by the new termies) the background is handled perfectly well by Black Library.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    I still say they should have called IA:8 Armour of Gork (or possibly Mork) vol 1.
    Looted books for the win!
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    There is no doubt that FW could make a lot of beautiful stuff, but one of the problem is how it relates back to the main game. Horus, the Emperor, the other Primarchs, Sisters of Silence and Custodes will all be useless for regular 40k. They either don't exist anymore (SoS, Primarchs) or don't fulfill battlefield roles (Custodes). Not to mention a Primarch would be obscenely powerful, basically a Reaver titan on a small base something that has no answer for any other race. So you either end up with what would effectively be a new game system (30k) or you introduce a real mess into 40k.

Also, not a huge amount of Xenos in the Heresy, Fulgrim had a lot of run ins with the Eldar but that was prior to the start of the first book in the series, which is the pyrrhic victory on Isstvan III.
    Arguably you could go back through many codexes/IA and find characters who aren't in play anymore at the last known date in the canon (most of them IG I expect). It doesn't make them any less interesting on the table.

As to a Primarch the only official rules are for Angron as Daemon Prince. 500pts, not Reaver hard, and I don't think unbalanced.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Arguably you could go back through many codexes/IA and find characters who aren't in play anymore at the last known date in the canon (most of them IG I expect). It doesn't make them any less interesting on the table.

As to a Primarch the only official rules are for Angron as Daemon Prince. 500pts, not Reaver hard, and I don't think unbalanced.
    Another issue is that beyond the likes of the Primarchs, you aren't going to get many characters from the books in the game as BL doesn't like it's chracters appearing in the game. So the likes of Loken, Tarvitz, Garro et al are unlikely to be made into playable characters which I imagine would be one of the things people would most want if FW were to do Heresy stuff.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Didn't a Ork war boss have the Emperor down briefly?

Huge Orks, Laer and a whole load of other nasties... sounds good to me. It also mean Dark Mechanicum and more love for Chaos. The tourney scene would no doubt love it.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Didn't a Ork war boss have the Emperor down briefly?

Huge Orks, Laer and a whole load of other nasties... sounds good to me. It also mean Dark Mechanicum and more love for Chaos. The tourney scene would no doubt love it.
    Given that Mechanicum has been one of the most requested things for them to do for quite some time and they have as yet to produce so much as single thing for it, I really wouldn't get your hopes for anything Dark Mechanicum, even if they do produce a Heresy series. Expect Marines on Marines action to be the main focus.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast