BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Battle-Brother

Default For the love of magnets

For the love of magnets.

[url]http://www.tomahawc.com/Articles/for_the_love_of_magnets.html[/url]

Chapter-Master

So what is this? Simply a link to your blog? At least be decent and preface it with an introduction. Link spamming like this without context is pretty uncouth.

www.queencityguard.com

Battle-Brother

I can't make you click on it, nor am I pushing it on anyone. As long as people are interested in my links, I'll continue to provide them.

Chapter-Master

i remember malletman used to do this (but at least he put in a nice wee blurb)

but really how much traffic do you get from a clickthrough, is it really worth annoying and ruining the nice community here? may i suggest signing up for the BOLS alliance and Ihop. being a nice person and getting on some blogrolls instead of just spamming the boards.

-fuzz

edit:

the artical is medicore, the layout is annyoing and the quality not good enough to spam the boards with every new post. may i also suggest that you have a 'tomahawks blogspam thread' so its just 1 thread instead of cluttering up the fourm.
    Last edited by fuzzbuket; 06-09-2012 at 03:31 AM.
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Chapter-Master

the link is crap.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Komosunder View Post
    I can't make you click on it, nor am I pushing it on anyone. As long as people are interested in my links, I'll continue to provide them.
    My point is at least be respectful and provide a small blurb to preface the link. Simply posting the link is really douchy and not very polite.

EDIT: Well, I gave you your beloved click through and WOW. What utter garbage. Not just in the article, but also on the paint job for that Tyranno-whatever. Way to ruin a $50 model! Kudos, sir. Kudos.
    Last edited by wittdooley; 06-09-2012 at 08:59 AM.

www.queencityguard.com

and your comments link directs people to your own board?

what is this, an attempt to use this board to grow your board membership? cmon dude this is not cool.

Chapter-Master

whatever! people link stuff all the time. The real point is that the link is crap! If it was a link to something cool, woo hoo! But, oi! just plain garbage.

Gotta love the interwebz, full of junk.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

What everyone's getting at, with varying degrees of politeness :P, is that "Hey, come look at my blog!" posts are kinda grating, trying to use the community without really adding to it. [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?p=203839#post203839"]Check out this thread[/URL], the teaser image and some brief info really add to it, and make it more likely for people to click!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    What everyone's getting at, with varying degrees of politeness :P, is that "Hey, come look at my blog!" posts are kinda grating, trying to use the community without really adding to it. [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?p=203839#post203839"]Check out this thread[/URL], the teaser image and some brief info really add to it, and make it more likely for people to click!
    This is what I'm saying. I link reviews I write most of the time, and I try and give it a nice good introduction, as well as some follow up, etc. I think simply slapping a link up there is a bit classless.

www.queencityguard.com