BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by pauljc View Post
    I can neither deny nor confirm that the new book is releasing on 30th of June. Tum te tum.. *wanders off whistling nonchalantly*
    Neither can anybody else you Space Chimp.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

And all those sparky flames and the roar---hint hint. It must be the big C.

Quote Originally Posted by Aetaosrau View Post
    Yes us driveing on the left in england so that you have your dominant hand on the steering wheel is just so daft (most are right handed), what were we thinking .

It's also got nothing to do with that we took what the rest of the world had to offer and tweaked the things that made no logical sense and made what you consider the modern world you live in today
    Brits drive on the left because they were conquered by the Romans, and the Roman army walked/drove chariots on the right, forcing the British natives to walk on the left or be trampled. Nobody thought they should drive on the left because of the right hand being more appropriately placed on the steering wheel, as the custom came long before cars were invented.

Why do British people think they're so much better and so much smarter than the rest of the world? What's with all the animosity toward "yanks" who saved your *** in WW2? You're not the top power in the world anymore, get over yourselves.

American spelling and dates are less cumbersome. I'm from Canada, which typically follows British traditions in these cases, but I spell it 'harbor' not 'harbour' and use dates with the month first because it sounds more natural. Americans also say "I'm in 12th grade" rather than "I'm in grade 12" since the latter makes no grammatical sense at all. I come in 1st place, not place 1.

I'll give you one thing: the discoverer of Aluminum finalized on the name Aluminium, which sounds strange to North Americans but is the correct name.

Librarian

Why do British people think they're so much better and so much smarter than the rest of the world?
    because we are obviously

What's with all the animosity toward "yanks" who saved your *** in WW2?
    which i would like to point out they only joined because they themselves were attacked, otherwise they were quite happy to sit it out.

however it's not animosity it's called humor i.e. pulling someones leg

and they deserve it

Americans also say "I'm in 12th grade" rather than "I'm in grade 12" since the latter makes no grammatical sense at all. I come in 1st place, not place 1.
    I have placed 1st in many things, how exactly does this not make sense?

ALSO

the Roman army walked/drove chariots on the right, forcing the British natives to walk on the left or be trampled
    This makes no sense, what if the romans were coming the other way
    Last edited by Morgan Darkstar; 06-09-2012 at 07:50 PM.
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Chapter-Master

Darkstar, don't feed the troll, no matter how ill informed he may be about historical events.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

The new book is 440 pages according to Harry, which is quite a bit less than the WFB book. Not complaining, it is still 136 pages longer than the current 40k BRB. Still expecting it to be £45.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by gmorleyy View Post
    Why do British people think blah blah blah
    Good Effort on your first post. Come on here and let us think somewhere a village is missing its idiot.

Still at least when you start at the level of basic hamster brain the only way is up.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    The new book is 440 pages according to Harry, which is quite a bit less than the WFB book. Not complaining, it is still 136 pages longer than the current 40k BRB. Still expecting it to be £45.
    Any word on whether it has been colourised?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Nope, hopefully it has but I don't recall anyone saying so specifically. Nor if it is hardcover.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Darkstar, don't feed the troll, no matter how ill informed he may be about historical events.
    Awwww but i wanted to play with the cute trolliwolly! it seemed so lonely

Back OT

I would like to find out soon what special editions of the rulebook are available to purchase. roll on the end of the month.
    Last edited by Morgan Darkstar; 06-10-2012 at 04:32 AM.
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast