BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Darkstar View Post
    Awwww but i wanted to play with the cute trolliwolly! it seemed so lonely

Back OT

I would like to find out soon what special editions of the rulebook are available to purchase. roll on the end of the month.
    Yeah, I'm quite keen to see what they pull out in special editions. Hopefully something really nice to work with the 25th anniversary. Fingers crossed for a copy of the original RT rules!
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Some more from Warseer:
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry
    I imagine in % terms it is a roughly similar increase to the increase we saw for Fantasy.(8th)

I suspect the will be a bit more of everything ... A bit more background a bit more rules, more information about the different armies, more hobby, more photos, more art, more colour. Just like the big fantasy book.

I is a safe bet there will be a special edition.

On that topic ... I know there is a special (Limited run) edition of the starter set.
    Limited edition tarter set, interesting.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by gmorleyy View Post
    I'm from Canada...
    I am now ashamed of my country's educational system which I had believed to be exemplary
    Tales from Original WFRP. My Troll-Slayer would be a terror with his axe, then my friend's Tax-Collector would hit the foul beasty with his cane and usually get the killing blow.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by gmorleyy View Post
    I'm from Canada, which typically follows British traditions in these cases, but I spell it 'harbor' not 'harbour' and use dates with the month first because it sounds more natural.
    You're free to do that, but you're doing it wrong.
    Canadian English, like British English, if full of unnecessary vowels, and I love it.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    You're free to do that, but you're doing it wrong.
    Canadian English, like British English, if full of unnecessary vowels, and I love it.
    FYI it's not British English, just English. What with us being English, from actual England we don't need to specify what sort of English we are speaking.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    FYI it's not British English, just English. What with us being English, from actual England we don't need to specify what sort of English we are speaking.
    How dare you think that just because you are from England you have any say about English

... what's next France wanting to control French...

oh ya they have a bureau for that don't they ha ha
    Last edited by Verilance; 06-10-2012 at 01:31 PM.
    Tales from Original WFRP. My Troll-Slayer would be a terror with his axe, then my friend's Tax-Collector would hit the foul beasty with his cane and usually get the killing blow.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Verilance View Post
    I am now ashamed of my country's educational system which I had believed to be exemplary
    Don't be, mrs Deadlift is from BC and did her degree at UVic. Political science I think it was. Anyway she runs intellectual rings around me (not difficult).
    However I am quite adept at shouting " what's it all aboot" just at the wrong time, followed by lots oh "eh"

On topic, I would like to see full colour in th new book too, special edition should come with some grimdark music to play your games to
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Don't be, mrs Deadlift is from BC and did her degree at UVic. Political science I think it was. Anyway she runs intellectual rings around me (not difficult).
    However I am quite adept at shouting " what's it all aboot" just at the wrong time, followed by lots oh "eh"

On topic, I would like to see full colour in th new book too, special edition should come with some grimdark music to play your games to
    Dude. That's what the Sisters of Mercy are for.

Or depending on your definition of Grimdark, possible Justin Beiber. Though I'm fairly sure that is in fact a war crime.

Wait...June 23rd is the PRE-ORDER date? Really? That IMHO is just silly. When a movie is coming out, the studios don't make a fuss or trailers about the advanced tickets day - it's the opening day that gets talked about.

So you mean to tell me June 23rd is the day i get to buy the book but not have the book. Wow - wacky marketing that.

UPDATE: ok, I get it - the White Dwarf comes out on that date & we get all the juicy articles on what 6th edition will have. And we get to order the book & all the extra bitz if we want. I'm just bummed that I got all excited for June 23rd & now it will most likely be July 7th or so. Hopefully as we get closer to the date we'll be given more teasers, previews, anything...

-Jefferson
    Last edited by darklament; 06-11-2012 at 10:11 AM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    Exactly. Just like how we did away with the metric system, and how we drive our cars on the wrong side of the road. Americans think we're doing it 'right', but the rest of the world, which has been around for thousands of years longer, says 'I don't think so.'
    I don't think you ever had the metric system to "do away" with, we haven't even adopted it fully, we still work in MPH not km/h.
    We still order pints of beer (not the silly mini pint you have, a proper sized pint)
    The driving on the left I was once told it is because you wear your sword on the left hip, so to fight someone approaching from the other direction you'd need to be to the left, And apparently Napoleon was keg handed, so he liked to walk on the right, and having conquered most of europe but not England that's why europeans drive on the right. If you look at Japan another once feudal society they also drive on the left...
    The US deliberately chose to keep right to be different to England, the same as the deliberately corrupted the English language to separate it from English post throwing the toys out the pram. Canada despite essentially being made up of loyalists in the 18th century shares a large land border with it's larger more populous southern neighbour hence it makes sense to adopt their standard to avoid chaos at the border...

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post

^This a million times, american english is merely a widely used dialect of English. English is the standard, it doesn't require the adjective of "British" before it.

/Rant

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast